• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

BlazBlue HRAP PS3 Playasia preorders...

Started by fluxcore, April 15, 2009, 09:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Can someone that knows more than me about this sort of thing tell me if it's likely to be a decent stick or not? Aside from the crappy looking button layout of course. My Namco stick isn't going to last forever :'(
KOW 2011

fluxcore

Quote from: geneterror on April 15, 2009, 09:48:34 AM
Can someone that knows more than me about this sort of thing tell me if it's likely to be a decent stick or not? Aside from the crappy looking button layout of course. My Namco stick isn't going to last forever :'(

The Madcatz TE stick is basically a competitor to the HRAP, and after briefly playing on the HRAP at James' place, it seems like a really nice stick. Big and heavy.

The stick itself is a Sanwa JLF, so basically the best you can get, but the buttons are standard Hori buttons (but are easily replaced with sanwa buttons).

It'll be spendy though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Its a bit hit or miss at the moment because of the lack of info.

If it is indeed a 'true' successor to the HRAP 3 then it will be a good stick.

But it might well be a fight stick which means that the stick and buttons are Hori (yuck) and that the buttons are soldered to the pcb. This makes it a rather difficult stick to mod.

It works out to around $300 incl shipping. If you don't mind spending a bit more you may as well try to pick up a Tournament edition stick for $100 more.

fluxcore

Well, that site mentions that the vendor says it's an update of the HRAP3... but yeah I guess you can't say that for certain until someone opens one up.

And yeah the button layout is really bad. the left most set of buttons are awkward because the HP/HK are too low (the arc is massive), and the right most set of buttons are completely unusable because they are at a horrible angle which forces your wrist in towards your other hand. I don't know WTF hori were thinking coming up with that horrible layout.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

Lennysaurus

Goddamnit... looks like I need to get one of these and dragonball z and transformer that motherfucker up!!!

btw im not convinced that your namco wont in fact last forever.  Damn things just keep goin and goin!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Namco sticks last forever. This is fact.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Elixir

The 360 one looks like trash and both of them would need a complete mod in order to look decent.

I don't know why they made the 360 version different.

fluxcore

Quote from: Elixir on April 16, 2009, 12:04:00 PM
The 360 one looks like trash and both of them would need a complete mod in order to look decent.

I don't know why they made the 360 version different.

The 360 one is the standard hori fightstick that has been around for years. Not amazing but certainly not trash.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Elixir seems to have a vendetta against the standard 360 hori stick. :P They seem decent enough to me though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.