• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Ordering parts - Coin casecade

Started by Gino, April 22, 2009, 12:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gino

The sanwa jlf is too deep to fit into the case without some sort of spacer to stop the bottom of the stick rubbing against the metal back. I also need to take a drill to the gate because of how stick is screwed down.

zos'la

it would be a batter idea is to just make a custom stick liek on slagcoin, I have done so and its a piece of cake if you have some tools.
My Joystick should be finish this week and i'll post the pics up :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

I'm thinking of doing the same mod but not putting in the sanwa stick.  Just going to put in Sanwa OSBF-30 push in buttons (because the hori are sucky ones) and change to a Sanwa GT-Y Octagonal Restriction Plate with better micro switches. Though I'm looking around for a place that do Lami-label so I can get my artwork done before I start to mod.

A few sites that supply the part I need:

http://www.arcadeparts.com.au/shop/index.php/27_Sanwa_Parts

http://www.gamedude.com.au/arcade/

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

i find the hori stick a bit loose. prefer sanwa.
Custome stick can just use a printout and that it!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Peter

What sticks are in yifans cabinets?  I always wanted to ask andy to rip me 2 sticks from the machines that have unused ones.  They're the best sticks ever!

If I can ever be fucked going to yifans lol

stereomonkey

Hmmm, still waiting for my parts to come in.  Though I currently have no artwork nor do I have a soldering iron.  Better pick that up tomorrow.

Gino

Good luck!
The osbf buttons are a huge improvement over the hori ones.

stereomonkey

All my parts arrived today.  Only ended up getting...

12 X Sanwa push in OSBF buttons.
1 Yellow Ball top
1 JLF TP 8T stick

Decided not to mod the Hori stick itself.  Just the buttons and art work only.

Will update in weekend.

fluxcore

You gonna do the stick mod though? Where you change the microswitches and restrictor?/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Nah because the restrictor plate is not in stock still and I couldn't find any decent microswitches in Oz.

fluxcore

Take them from the sanwa stick...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Using the Sanwa stick to make a completely new stick so that is kinda out the door.  Going to buy a soldering iron and other misc parts today.  I should get a start on hacking the wired control pad tonight maybe, if I'm not too busy schooling your Seth :P

stereomonkey

Advice to all:  Try to own as much if not all of the tools you will be using!

Okay, so I got a basic soldering iron, multimeter and wire. $$$  :'(  Half way through soldering the wires, bit trickier than I thought but going fine so far :)

fluxcore

I forgot to mention that some desoldering braid makes the job a little easier (when taking the pcb off the buttons)

I'm currently in want of a drill so I can actually mod my TE stick :/

stereomonkey

I actually got a desolder hand pump.  Was $13.

Really need to get a soldering station.  Had my missus help me when it came to the multi tasking.  Thanks babe ;)