• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Ordering parts - Coin casecade

Started by Gino, April 22, 2009, 12:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Yeah man, I got a soldering station and it's great. Also got some of those 'helping hands' things (with the alligator clips and a magnifying glass so it can hold your pcb or whatever while you hold the solder + iron).

Solder sucker is just as good, I should really get one of those, my desoldering braid is almost out.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Jeez, the bloody preparation and equipment cost more then the parts >_<

Picked up a $20 soldering station and hot glue gun from jaycar.  Will finish the xbox controller tonight.

Not too confident my soldering will hold so just in case I'll hot glue that mofo!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

That's part of my argument on why building your own isn't necessarily cheaper than buying something like a TE stick, but ignorant people keep on arguing back... (sorry, this is a personal thing going on at gpforums, lenny and graham know :p)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on May 07, 2009, 04:49:48 PM
That's part of my argument on why building your own isn't necessarily cheaper than buying something like a TE stick, but ignorant people keep on arguing back... (sorry, this is a personal thing going on at gpforums, lenny and graham know :p)

Yeah I shouldnt have gotten into that.  The worst bit is, is that those guys don't know bugger all about street fighter compared to us.  That doosh calls himself a street fighter conissuer, but hasnt even played much street fighter iv.  Sounds like a conossiuer of trolling if you ask me.

The easiest anlaogy for me is this:  If two people turn up to a marathon.  One with the latest high tech Nike shoes, the other with some 20 dollar warehouse cheapies.  The 20 dollar guy might win, but the Nikey guy is the one giving himself the advantage.

I wish that guy would have agreed to the money match thouhg.  Would have been lols.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero