• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on July 28, 2009, 09:56:56 AM
I find when I jump in on him almost everything gets beaten by those fucking waterfall kicks.

I don't think Gens waterfall kick beats out Seths rh.crossup though.  That rh is the damager!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on July 28, 2009, 09:56:56 AM
I find when I jump in on him almost everything gets beaten by those fucking waterfall kicks.

The waterfall kicks are extremely slow.  If the Gen gets you with them, it means that they have set you up, or that your jump ins are predictable.  They dont work like a dragon punch at all.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Hard to set me up when I do it as a meaty move. I guess I'm not doing safe jumpins properly on him.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

H.P or H.K jump it depends on distance and timing, will get punished or trade usually if you get antiair. but if done safely then they will either whuff their antiair or you get a free meaty hit :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on July 28, 2009, 10:23:47 AM
Hard to set me up when I do it as a meaty move. I guess I'm not doing safe jumpins properly on him.

Yeah its pretty deceptive.  But if you get your meaty properly youll stuff the waterfall kick.

stereomonkey

Bait me into waterfall all day if you know the spacing..  Bill was doing that last night.  Also stop trying to do meatys!  Do safe jumps instead owwwww!

EIDT: Now I want to leave work and play some Streeeeeeeeeeeeet Fighter! :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on July 28, 2009, 08:59:18 AM
simple...

Let me rephrase my question.

"Specifically, how am i supposed to fight gen with el fuerte?"

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 28, 2009, 09:05:47 AM
simple...

He doesnt have a very good anti air, and he has low health.  Jump in on him lots.  Wall dives are unsafe so punish.

Those wall dives threw me off a bit honestly. I think i only managed to ultra punish ONE successfully. I should start using fuerte's j.hp a bit more though. Not just in this matchup either.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 28, 2009, 02:44:13 PM
simple...

Let me rephrase my question.

"Specifically, how am i supposed to fight gen with el fuerte?"

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 28, 2009, 09:05:47 AM
simple...

He doesnt have a very good anti air, and he has low health.  Jump in on him lots.  Wall dives are unsafe so punish.

Those wall dives threw me off a bit honestly. I think i only managed to ultra punish ONE successfully. I should start using fuerte's j.hp a bit more though. Not just in this matchup either.

Dont jump in the middle of Gens wall dive.  In the middle of a wall dive you can react to the opponents jump and tag them with the dive, which you can follow with ultra. 

Against a Gen with ELF, you really just need to floor him and do wakeup mixes.  only take a few and he'll be near dead,then just play safe and zone him. 

stereomonkey

g to all the marvel guys that played tonight :)

I hope you don't get super awesome Lenny when you practice hardcore on the weekend!  ;)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Youre both not that far off. You just have some strange habits.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 30, 2009, 10:08:27 AM

Bro elaborate that shit for me!  I am really enjoying MVC2 and do honestly want to get good at it.  If you got tips for me then drop those knowledge bombs son!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on July 30, 2009, 10:38:21 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 30, 2009, 10:08:27 AM

Bro elaborate that shit for me!  I am really enjoying MVC2 and do honestly want to get good at it.  If you got tips for me then drop those knowledge bombs son!

Honestly, for you its just a matter of learning more combos and shit. Keepaway sent and runaway storm is great. Sent played like that is the most annoying thing i have to fight by far. I have less trouble fighting fucking cable. Cable btw, will be the bane of your existance with that playstyle. Runaway storm is ok, but youre going to want to learn to play more aggressively. IMPORTANT: Im not telling you to change your playstyle. Its totally solid. Im just saying, LEARN to be aggressive. The time will arise when you will want to stop the runaway, and its handy for the few moments youre safe to just wtfpwn your opponent. (im talking FF strings with sent, triangle jumping properly with storm, resets etc.)

My only gripe (by gripe i mean, the only particularly scrubby thing i noticed.) with your santhrax was that i saw a bit too much capcom on point. Id rather have a 20% storm on point than a 100% capcom. Unless youre incredible with capcom, youre basically sending him in to die. 'letting storm heal' is a reason i can understand, but if its costing capcom his entire life bar, its not worth it. I saw you lose a couple of matches because of this. (Actually, i saw stu lose some for similar reasons)

Some people WILL disagree with the above statement. Capcom does have some pretty effective zoning tools if you want to bide your time with him for a while. But basically, youre going to want to build enough meter to DHC back into hailstorm anyway.

I was getting really really angry fighting you last night, (in an "im actually having fun, despite my swearing" kind of way.) which basically means youre playing properly. You and Stu are actually more solid than you think you are. You just need some polish.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Cool thanks for that.

After you left Stu started playing Cable and I get what you mean.  My Sent was basically fucked, but as long as I had storm I would just dash over and try and dodge his AAA and try and fuck him up with tri jump FP.  If I saw it connect id launch into combo.

I learned alot about AHVB last night lol.

fluxcore

cable vs sent sucks for sent btw, don't feel too bad

stupid fat robot
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness