• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

TE stick owners - want a plexiglass top?

Started by fluxcore, May 08, 2009, 04:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

As seen at http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=183523

They look great and make artswaps super easy.

Anyone interested? I'm tempted to get one, but the shipping costs will own me, so I'd need to get a few...

I think they are $18US each, and probably with a few bucks shipping on top, so ~$40NZ all up I imagine...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Don't know if you have played with a plexi top before but it kinda changes the feel of the stick. Just something to be wary of

Ashe

does changing the artwork involve voiding the warranty?

fluxcore

Quote from: Ashe on May 09, 2009, 12:12:21 PM

Not entirely sure. The warranty void sticker is on the bottom of the stick, which you definitely don't have to open to swap the art, so I guess it's then just a matter of reverting it to stock afterwards before sending it in...

I just realised I have lexan sheets that I can probably use for the top anyway, so I'll try make a top myself! And yeah, I've had a couple of sticks with lexan on top (including my arcade cabinet), don't really see a problem?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on May 09, 2009, 07:20:07 PM
Quote from: Ashe on May 09, 2009, 12:12:21 PM

Not entirely sure. The warranty void sticker is on the bottom of the stick, which you definitely don't have to open to swap the art, so I guess it's then just a matter of reverting it to stock afterwards before sending it in...

I just realised I have lexan sheets that I can probably use for the top anyway, so I'll try make a top myself! And yeah, I've had a couple of sticks with lexan on top (including my arcade cabinet), don't really see a problem?

Yeah there is no prob with having a lexan/plexi/acrylic top just that it changes the feel imo which some people mite not like. How thick is your lexan? You may need to mod your stick so that the joysticks at the right height and snapins still fit.

fluxcore

It's about twice as thick as the stock plasticised art, so only adds a few mms, I don't think it's a problem.