• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter IV Christchurch/South Island regionals u keen?

Started by CptMunta, May 09, 2009, 11:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Right o'

Got a pipe dream. Would you guys be keen entering a South Island tourney say at Gamestation (If I could swing it) Or even someones house if need be.

Say $10 per entry.

Winner gets all money or Flights to Auckland for National finals (If numbers allow).

I've done something similar before here's the flyer I did for it. Goodtimes:

Possible problems:

Lack of interest
Let's face it, this is the South Island, smaller population.
We need at least 10 people to make this worth our while or why bother. Won't even try and get things happening with venue and what not till I know it'll be worth it.

Time to do it.
I'm willing to put it together if it's before late June/July since (my wife is due to give birth during that time) I can at least sus out posters/flyers advertising etc

Positives

Build a Community
We have nothing here. This could start a monthly or even weekly casuals and tourneys to level up our game.

Meet more players.
"Aw man so I FDC into Ultra, and owned his gief with the chip damage" None of your friends know what the fuck you are talking about right? So make some that do. That way you don't have to bore your spose/partner/friends to death and can finally let your inner Street Fighter geekness out to people that actually understand.

Represent
At least have someone from the South Island entering the nationals making it a truly national tournament.

Fun
Tourneys are fun

So what do you think. Basically I'm just testing the water here. If I'm working in Auckland Nationals time you bet I'll be entering. But winning a tournament would definitely give me or whoever wins more incentive to go.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Good stuff. I really have no idea how many players you have down there in ChCh, which is really the main issue I guess, but if there's any way I/NZism can help, just ask.

Hope you get enough bites~!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

*Cue Tumbleweed  ::)

Not looking too good. I think not having the arcade cab hasn't helped. Having CVS2 in the arcade built a small but strong CVS2 community, now everyone is probably at home playing on console.

Are there any other forums I could post this on? How are the GP forums for Fighting game fans?

geneterror

Try GPForums and NZGamer as well. NZGamer has there own Street Fighter sub-forum.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on May 14, 2009, 11:35:18 AM
Try GPForums and NZGamer as well. NZGamer has there own Street Fighter sub-forum.

I will actually be in CHCH a few times during this year for personal reasons visiting a friend.  Id be interested in coordinating a trip for it if you have it.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CptMunta

Quote from: geneterror on May 14, 2009, 11:35:18 AM

Cheers Gene and Lenny,  :)

I'll start a poll in NZ gamer as well and see if I get any bites. If I get enough interest I'll ask to have it at Gamestation in the City. I drew some 3D Street Fighter Pavement art out there a few months ago so they probably won't mind doing me a favor.

Lennysaurus

November nice.  Im definitely coming for that then bro.

Im definitely down for CVS2, ALPHA3, and HSF Anniversary.

Fuckin Woot!

CptMunta

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 14, 2009, 09:47:15 PM
November nice.  Im definitely coming for that then bro.

Im definitely down for CVS2, ALPHA3, and HSF Anniversary.

Fuckin Woot!

Bro, that was last year man at my house! sorry! Just an example!

Good small tourney/get together. Lost my phone since then so lost everyones numbers. Friend of mine andrew won $30 for the CVS and I won the 3rd strike, goodtime

Lennysaurus

kingpiccolo

well all i can say is lenny you better not suck at cvs2 if you gona rep it cos ill rip you a new one if you do suck

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

stereomonkey

Quote from: kingpiccolo on May 15, 2009, 01:36:16 AM
well all i can say is lenny you better not suck at cvs2 if you gona rep it cos ill rip you a new one if you do suck

Do I sense some gay innuendo...? 
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on May 15, 2009, 03:45:27 PM

You obviously didnt see the Lenny x Ioane buttseckz topic.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 15, 2009, 04:46:35 PM

You obviously didnt see the Lenny x Ioane buttseckz topic.

Hes the catcher

kingpiccolo

we need a roast for some spit roast action and youll do rather nicely mr monkey