• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV: How damage scaling works

Started by fluxcore, May 10, 2009, 08:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

yeah shot that is pretty interesting. Knew it all anyway but not down to that much detail, try reading the frame data without it feeling like your doing your homework lol. man SF4's some serious shit .
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Was interesting to find that you take less damage the more 'injured' you are. Good find bro.
KOW 2011

fluxcore

Quote from: geneterror on May 11, 2009, 09:54:49 AM
Was interesting to find that you take less damage the more 'injured' you are. Good find bro.

Yeah, that's been happening the whole time since World Warrior or so, but it's a lot more aggressive scaling in SF4!

The Ultra=2 hits thing explains why you get massive damage scaling just from Focus, Ultra - which I didn't understand before.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

yeah and you pretty much never get ultra without juggling except if you can go through projectiles or balrogs dash punching etc
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

geneterror

Yeah Abels Ultra goes through fireballs so if you're at half screen or less and you can predict the fireball then BAM or if you have someone cornered and you make them think you're going to jump so they dragon and you can just punish them. Abels Ultra is actually quite good for punishing other people whiffed moves/ultras.
KOW 2011

fluxcore

That's my biggest problem with the Seth vs Abel match, you can wail on him and kick his ass without too much trouble, and then as soon as he gets ultra you basically can't do anything, because if he hits it it's 70% of your life gone.
At least with ST the game doesn't become a snorefest for you when YOU do the damage.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on May 11, 2009, 02:22:27 PM
That's my biggest problem with the Seth vs Abel match, you can wail on him and kick his ass without too much trouble, and then as soon as he gets ultra you basically can't do anything, because if he hits it it's 70% of your life gone.
At least with ST the game doesn't become a snorefest for you when YOU do the damage.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

geneterror

Anyone else finshed it on Hardest, I just about had a heart attack fighting Seth. Never again, I actually enjoy all the fights up to Seth on Hardest but that guy just sux. The computer pulls some pretty cheap shit on Hardest though.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on May 11, 2009, 03:25:15 PM
Anyone else finshed it on Hardest, I just about had a heart attack fighting Seth. Never again, I actually enjoy all the fights up to Seth on Hardest but that guy just sux. The computer pulls some pretty cheap shit on Hardest though.

The hardest time trial is pretty tough I thought.

fluxcore

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: geneterror on May 11, 2009, 03:25:15 PM
yip check my trophies i got the one beat gouken on hardest. took me ages the hardest thing for me was the 2 perfects oh and the losing a round and starting all over again. Seth takes more damage off on cpu and takes less when you hit him, and he also has the ability to read your mind WTFlol

fluxcore

Quote from: weazzyefff on May 11, 2009, 03:43:25 PM
yip check my trophies i got the one beat gouken on hardest. took me ages the hardest thing for me was the 2 perfects oh and the losing a round and starting all over again. Seth takes more damage off on cpu and takes less when you hit him, and he also has the ability to read your mind WTFlol

I got that one on my second try. And the only reason I didn't get it the first time was because I hadn't beaten the game with Zangief prior to that, so it didn't let me fight Gouken.