• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Auckland - Yifan's Queen St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goku_kakarot77

Quote from: DVS on May 05, 2011, 01:31:40 PM
Yeah maybe he was talking about the entire kit for $10,000 not sure what portion of it is monitor, if it is only $1000 then someone needs to tell'em....if a $1000 investiment means that there's no lag....it'd probably mean the majority of their NZism clients would come back......

and they need new sticks and buttons too, timezone is fantastic lag free and joysticks are awesome

DVS

Quote from: goku_kakarot77 on May 05, 2011, 01:37:36 PM
and they need new sticks and buttons too, timezone is fantastic lag free and joysticks are awesome

Totally, I think Mobius is right too...they might close down if they don't upgrade. I think we all have a stake in the place....I musta pumped 1000's of into that place over the years (I don't wana even think about how much) -probably put a few of their kids through school. If we let them know....or talk to the right person they may listen. I talk to the tech guys quite often.....maybe I'll hit'em up next time. Be a real shame if they do close down.....I'd say they'd be missing the $$$$$ from the NZism crew - am I right in guessing most serious SF players don't use those cabs anymore?
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CrazyMobius

You're right bro. I mean it's great that TZ is supporting NZism and all but Yifans has done more for the NZ fighting game scene than most of these newbies realise.

DVS

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 05, 2011, 05:08:53 PM
You're right bro. I mean it's great that TZ is supporting NZism and all but Yifans has done more for the NZ fighting game scene than most of these newbies realise.

It would be really sad if and when it goes....I've been playing video games in town for years, Stages downtown, Timeout etc.... and Yifans is the only oldschool arcade around now. 
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Elixir

I know I put in over 100 dollars into the Mushihimesama Futari machine.

So long as Koreans exist, Initial D and Wangun will make a healthy income.

I took a video of someone playing BBCT in the CRT cabinet, but I couldn't upload it, it was too depressing.

originaljulz

Quote from: Elixir on May 09, 2011, 12:09:03 PM
I took a video of someone playing BBCT in the CRT cabinet, but I couldn't upload it, it was too depressing.

Why
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Elixir

Quote from: originaljulz on May 09, 2011, 10:58:08 PM

Why

BBCT is 720p native. It doesn't belong outside of an LCD, it looks really ugly.

originaljulz

Fair enough. I remember it looking like shit.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

silver_spoon

Quote from: Elixir on May 09, 2011, 12:09:03 PM
I know I put in over 100 dollars into the Mushihimesama Futari machine.

So long as Koreans exist, Initial D and Wangun will make a healthy income.

Oh snap. In Yi Fan? So far as I know, only I still touch the BBCT arcade regularly (on my 1-2 hours break for Uni. And I go almost everyday rofl)
I am terrible.