• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

SE Fightsticks at MightyApe

Started by electric, June 03, 2009, 04:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Hey guys -- had a quick browse and didn't spot this anywhere, so thought I'd just throw it in incase people weren't in the know...

MightyApe has SE Fightsticks available RIGHT NOW for $250, PS3 only though which is a bit sad, but hey -- for those of you on the black box rockin' the D-pad, it's time to get the upgrade going

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PlayStation-3/Street-Fighter-IV-Arcade-FightStick/2793502/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

tbh I'd definitely recommend the extra $150 to get the TE stick (the sanwa parts to mod it alone will cost that much)

Actually, I'll get my work to get a couple of these and test them out :) We've been looking for some PS3 sticks for a while now...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

I grabbed the TE that they are taking preorders for again at the moment. Can't wait to customise the artwork :)
KOW 2011

electric

I have a TE aswell and wouldn't have it any other way... have heard decent things about the SE's though, and for someone who's after a stick on the spot, could definitely be good -- I've heard they best the Hori's and are easy to mod... I'd love one just as a spare/player 2 stick -- stupid recession takes no prisoners though :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on June 03, 2009, 04:58:25 PM
tbh I'd definitely recommend the extra $150 to get the TE stick (the sanwa parts to mod it alone will cost that much)

Actually, I'll get my work to get a couple of these and test them out :) We've been looking for some PS3 sticks for a while now...

$250 is too pricey I reckon. I paid $200 for mine imported via states then around $90 or so on Sanwa buttons and stick Tekken 6 parts from coin cascade. But maybe our Dollar sucks even harder now so the price has gone up.

The SE is pretty ass actually. Maybe the buttons and stick are a bit better on this run  ??? . The stock stick lasted a day the buttons maybe a week.

On the plus side, really easy to mod (If you have the mounting plate). If you have the parts in another stick or just lying around then your all set.

Gamewizz never came through with their promised TE stick deal, but I don't mind. Really happy with my modded SE stick!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Yeah you got the first run of super bogus SE sticks, I think this newer batch is a bit better... still only Hori EX-level though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Chuckk

Your right though Flux, honestly might be better off saving for a TE, because you are definitly modding the SE. After playing on a friends a little, I absolutely ABHOR it. I would rather play on my old Namco stick.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

geneterror

When my TE stick turns up I am going to try customising my old Namco stick. I just don't want to fuck up my only stick at the moment. I just want some custom artwork on it.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 05, 2009, 09:48:34 PM
Nipple licking horse plz
NO Smoof, ive told you once and i'll tell you again, NO nipple licking horse, OKAY.....OKAY.....
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I tried googling "nipple licking horse" but work's internet wouldnt let me :(
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

KOW 2011

fluxcore

Gankatron

Quote from: geneterror on June 05, 2009, 09:57:40 AM
When my TE stick turns up I am going to try customising my old Namco stick. I just don't want to fuck up my only stick at the moment. I just want some custom artwork on it.

Our lexan panels been sent bro, we should get it within another week or 2

massi4h

If they had that price on the 360 SE I'd probably really consider it.