• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Hamilton - TimeZone Victoria St

Started by fluxcore, January 10, 2007, 02:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Located at 460 Victoria St, approximately opposite Centreplace.
Google Maps

The main Hamilton arcade has the following games:

Tekken 6: BR
Street Fighter IV

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Tekken 5:DR
XMen vs Street Fighter (although if you do raging demon it resets!)
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

Very little competition in anything.

Stick/cab types: MCA rubbers, stand-up side-by side cabs

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Damn, they still have mvc2 there.  The sticks almost completely gone yet? :)

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 11, 2007, 07:46:46 PM
Damn, they still have mvc2 there.  The sticks almost completely gone yet? :)

If they had gotten rid of MvC2, you can bet I would never have gone back in there, and wouldn't have bothered with this site. As for the sticks, they actually do get repaired sometime, evidently, because they actually work most of the time when I go in! Although I only ever try the 2p side, so maybe the 1p is fucked, which may account for those perfects... :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Last time I was down there (about once every 1 or 2 months) the P1 controller was screwed but the comp wasn't very high level anyway and I'm pretty out of practice.
They had some weird bootleg SF2 machine that had about four different CPS1 SF games selectable in one cab and the controllers sucked. Makes me glad I live 5-10 mins walk from Yifans :)
KOW 2011

fluxcore

Quote from: geneterror on January 14, 2007, 01:22:22 AM
Last time I was down there (about once every 1 or 2 months) the P1 controller was screwed but the comp wasn't very high level anyway and I'm pretty out of practice.

Yep, there's pretty much only two people in Ham that are any good... myself and my friend that never really played that seriously. Next time you come down, give me a yell though! If the sticks are totally stuffed I always have sticks of my own and a functioning DC... :D

QuoteThey had some weird bootleg SF2 machine that had about four different CPS1 SF games selectable in one cab and the controllers sucked. Makes me glad I live 5-10 mins walk from Yifans :)

That machine was ultra shady, but they've gotten rid of it. I think it was a mame cab, had all the games from WW right through to A3. There was some slowdown too... crappy.

--flux

fluxcore

Apparently we've got SFIV now, $2 a game...

JoeKage

Quote from: fluxcore on January 28, 2009, 10:06:25 PM
Apparently we've got SFIV now, $2 a game...

Its the cab from BK TimeZone QST
Sage of the 6 Paths

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

HoneyBadger

HYDROKINESIS IS DOWN THERE GO KICK HIS ASS NOW
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: Smoofikith on March 30, 2009, 01:37:57 PM
HYDROKINESIS IS DOWN THERE GO KICK HIS ASS NOW

lol, just saw this Caleb.

Played a bunch of jabronis down there off and on from about 12:45 to 3pm yesterday. . . nothing of note except Sagat spam. I'm talking flowchart Sagat.