• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Best place/website to get arcade stick....

Started by MistaTCR, June 17, 2009, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Can those old DOA4 (or SC4 or whatever other ones) Hori sticks be found anywhere? I wouldn't mind one of those cheap and maybe I'd replace the parts later. Don't really even mind the buttons, just the stick I find a bit funny.

When Games Plus was closing down, I coulda got one for $30, but since I didn't have an xbox at the time and since the worker at the shop thought it wasn't usb I didn't buy it for my pc.

HoneyBadger

The only problem with those is that they can be hard to mod. See Gino's frankenstick <3. WTB Gino on the main stage at xlan ripping a TE out and holding up his frankenstick like YYYYEEEEEEAAAAH!
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

If you want a 360 one, then no, pretty much impossible to find. The only 360 sticks I can locate are the Madcatz ones through mightyape.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Oh god yes. It's almost worth buying every one of those we see so that we can smash them out of existence and no-one will be plagued by them ever again.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: massi4h on June 18, 2009, 09:11:11 AM
Can those old DOA4 (or SC4 or whatever other ones) Hori sticks be found anywhere? I wouldn't mind one of those cheap and maybe I'd replace the parts later. Don't really even mind the buttons, just the stick I find a bit funny.

I found the buttons are SHIT!  Swapped the buttons for some new Sanwas.  The stick is all good though.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

MistaTCR

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 18, 2009, 09:26:56 AM
Quote from: AO wick3d wayz on June 18, 2009, 12:22:19 AM
Quote from: Gino on June 17, 2009, 11:53:06 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on June 17, 2009, 11:39:54 PM
btw http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-3dn0.html
is the only 'kof' licensed stick afaik.

I was about to mention my "limited edition kof stick", but yeah, it's not a stick, it's a piece of crap.

soooo i should avoid the ones on trade me?

THIS is the one you should avoid.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/PlayStation-2/Controllers/auction-224994908.htm

I saw those use to be sold at Foodtown and Whitcoulls for like $20. And to think I was actually gonna buy one back then... :(
Hmm I was hoping to get a SF4 Stick the non tourney one. Gotta ask relatives lol.

Barnstorm

they pop up on trade me every now and then i got s doa and ex2 stick for $80 each

deprenyl

I actually bought one of those KOF sticks when i was first getting into street fighter, needless to say i quickly sold them :)

CoffinDrop1

Hey guys Ive been reading all the hype about the tournament stick and even got to use one or 2 at the last grind session which was awesome - took a bit of getting used to from the standard ps3 controller especially for focus attacks. Anyway I was wanting to know if there is a major difference between the tournament stick and the arcade stick as far as ease of use goes. From what I have seen on you tube the tourney edition is the larger of the 2 and it has the higher quality components.

If you have used both was there a noticeable difference?
Was execution easier on the tournament stick?

I'd love to buy the tournament stick but if theres not that much of a difference it would be easier to justify spending $250 on a toy than it would be spending $400. Lol Im trying to convince my wife that I am not addicted to this game but my urge to get a fight stick aint helping the cause plus the fact that I play SF4 most nights. We should have a SF4 detox program for those who are suffering from relationship issues as a result of severe SF4 addiction hahaha.

Seriously though appreciate all ya'll feedback on this.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

I used to have a hori ex2 , pretty much the same if not better quality than the std madcatz stick .
MY TE stick is soooo much better than the hori , if you can afford the $400 get the TE for sure
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

Yep, street fighter widow syndrome, affects my household also :P Unfortunately this site isn't about solving the problem, it's about aggravating it! :D

AFAIK Cpt Munta is the only one here who has actually tried a stock MadCatz SE stick, although he got one of the early ones which had a problem with the joystick (which has now been rectified from what I understand).

I think they are supposed to be decent sticks, at least until you actually know what a good stick feels like. They are easy to mod though, which is what Cpt Munta did - he took the same parts you get in a TE stick (sanwa) and put them in the SE. I think by doing that you probably save about $40 in the end, and get a stick which is basically the same, just looks a bit different. I guess in this fashion you have a kind of upgrade path, although you'll have to do a bit of manual labor (basically just unscrewing some stuff though).

As I've said elsewhere, $400 is a pretty decent price for what you get, essentially the Rolls Royce of this hobby. You could spend a hell of a lot more than that on Golf Clubs, or a musical instrument, or almost any other hobby really, and still not have really good equipment.

also vaguely on topic, Alex Valle's most recent twitter update: "Touching my new Seimitsu buttons on my TE stick is like touching Fake titties... Harder,sexy, and feels good!!"

Barnstorm

www.play-asia.com

has all kinds of hori sticks available just got blazblue today

if you dont have the cash go there and you can get a hori fight stick 3 for 110 plus 50 shipping

and thats the cheapest youll probably get that is still a decent stick

fluxcore

Good point, some of those HORI sticks are perfectly adequate. Personally I don't like the button layout of the new ones, but that's just me.

[8-----D] Toots

I just got my HRAP3 yesterday

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-15-hori+real-70-2xsu.html

Worked out to be about 290 bucks shipped.

The stock buttons aren't that bad but I've already swapped them out for Semitsu's.

If you don't wanna get a tourney stick then I HIGHLY recommend getting this stick.

Also the button layout is really 'ergonomic' barring the far right buttons. You should have a play around next time your up Flux.