• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Best place/website to get arcade stick....

Started by MistaTCR, June 17, 2009, 09:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I've tried a hori fighting stick 3, which has the same button layout as the HRAP3. I thought it was pretty horrible, even the left 6. It was entirely because of the HP/HK buttons dipping down, which made me have to twist my wrist to the left to hit them properly. The Vewlix layout has the HP/HK at the same level as the MP/MK which I think is a much better wrist position.

The HRAP3 right 6 are completely unusable.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: fluxcore on June 23, 2009, 11:30:51 PM
Yep, street fighter widow syndrome, affects my household also :P Unfortunately this site isn't about solving the problem, it's about aggravating it! :D

AFAIK Cpt Munta is the only one here who has actually tried a stock MadCatz SE stick, although he got one of the early ones which had a problem with the joystick (which has now been rectified from what I understand).

I think they are supposed to be decent sticks, at least until you actually know what a good stick feels like. They are easy to mod though, which is what Cpt Munta did - he took the same parts you get in a TE stick (sanwa) and put them in the SE. I think by doing that you probably save about $40 in the end, and get a stick which is basically the same, just looks a bit different. I guess in this fashion you have a kind of upgrade path, although you'll have to do a bit of manual labor (basically just unscrewing some stuff though).

As I've said elsewhere, $400 is a pretty decent price for what you get, essentially the Rolls Royce of this hobby. You could spend a hell of a lot more than that on Golf Clubs, or a musical instrument, or almost any other hobby really, and still not have really good equipment.

also vaguely on topic, Alex Valle's most recent twitter update: "Touching my new Seimitsu buttons on my TE stick is like touching Fake titties... Harder,sexy, and feels good!!"

AWESOME thanks Flux - decisions decisions lol. Think I might end up putting money away bit by bit to save for the TE stick - why not go all out hahaha!

massi4h

So guys, I'm going to Singapore tomorrow and I was thinking about picking up an arcade stick. I've been told I can get a MadCatz SE for about $180. I don't think you can find them here in NZ atm, so what do you guys think about the stick and price?

Deal or no deal?

fluxcore

Mightyape had them for $250. You would ideally want to swap in some seimitsu/sanwa parts, which would add probably $120 on top.

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: fluxcore on July 01, 2009, 06:00:34 PM
Mightyape had them for $250. You would ideally want to swap in some seimitsu/sanwa parts, which would add probably $120 on top.

In which case it would be better to just get the TE
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Will

Livewire said they have 6 more TEs available for pre order, getting them from the same supplier as Mighty Ape.

Ph # - 09 368 1898
Email - livewiregames@xtra.co.nz
Learning....

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: Will on July 01, 2009, 06:51:46 PM
Livewire said they have 6 more TEs available for pre order, getting them from the same supplier as Mighty Ape.

Ph # - 09 368 1898
Have you got a stick yet dude ?
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Quote from: massi4h on July 01, 2009, 05:51:28 PM
So guys, I'm going to Singapore tomorrow and I was thinking about picking up an arcade stick. I've been told I can get a MadCatz SE for about $180. I don't think you can find them here in NZ atm, so what do you guys think about the stick and price?

Deal or no deal?

Im doing a parts order next thursday Mason.  If you want me too, I can add your order to mine as it wont cost mme extra in shipping.  itll sting you bout hundred for six replacement sanwa buttons and a stick, cheaper for seimitsu.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[8-----D] Toots

Hey leo you should order from Akihibara. It works out to be alot cheaper if your ordering a decent amount of parts. They also have a lot more stock than in2amusements. Oh and they have mesh ball tops  8)

massi4h

Na Lenny I'll, wait, I'm still pretty poor. If I win money over in Singapore I'll buy the stuff. Dw bout me.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: massi4h on July 01, 2009, 09:00:56 PM
Na Lenny I'll, wait, I'm still pretty poor. If I win money over in Singapore I'll buy the stuff. Dw bout me.

It's K, you can have my old buttons.... WHEN I GET MY PINK ONES
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Just doing some stick research for a friend and had a look on the Capcom store

$155 NZ delivered for a PS3 SE Fightstick
$310 NZ delivered for a TE Fightstick

Pretty good prices if you ask me, especially if you're looking to squeeze as much as you can out of it

Yeah, the shipping will probably take 5 weeks or something, but still... $100 off an SE isn't something to scoff at, especially if you're ordering buttons or something at the same time
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on July 01, 2009, 09:17:17 PM
Just doing some stick research for a friend and had a look on the Capcom store

$155 NZ delivered for a PS3 SE Fightstick
$310 NZ delivered for a TE Fightstick

Pretty good prices if you ask me, especially if you're looking to squeeze as much as you can out of it

Yeah, the shipping will probably take 5 weeks or something, but still... $100 off an SE isn't something to scoff at, especially if you're ordering buttons or something at the same time

how did you get 310 for the TE stick?  Mine worked out to over $400.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Will

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on July 01, 2009, 07:21:49 PM
Quote from: Will on July 01, 2009, 06:51:46 PM

Ph # - 09 368 1898
Have you got a stick yet dude ?

Na havent got a TE yet, im borrowing Lennys EX2 off him till I get it, ill be getting one from Mighty Ape so wont be to long :D Lenny, am I able to get you to place a set of buttons on order for me?
Learning....