• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Devestation 2009 on the big screen at puke Sunday/Monday ....

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, June 20, 2009, 11:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Righto Ive hooked my pc up to my 46" Bravia in the lounge toplay some alpha and 3rd strike on ggpo but seeing as devastation streamed live today and sunday/monday I will be watching this on the telly all day sunday monday from 8am to 5pm both days .

So if anyone who Ive met already wants to come round and watch the matches on the couch  instead of hunched over on the computer and maybe have a few games as well your more than welcome .
Just pm me

*mondays the finals so will probably be more interesting to watch *

This weekend's Devastation event will be streamed live through uStream.tv for three consecutive days, 8-10 hours a day, featuring all-day coverage, expert commentary, exhibition matches, player interviews, special guests, and special features. The event will be dubbed a Live On Three production, and mark the return of Live On Three's Marcus "djWHEAT" Graham and Scott "SirScoots" Smith to a live gaming event. djWHEAT hasn't covered an event since the Championship Gaming Series fell through, and SirScoots hasn't either since last year's MLG PC circuit for GotFrag TV. Both have been itching to get back to live streaming competitive gaming and eSports, and Devastation is the perfect event to start with. They will be joined by Live On Three co-host Rod "Slasher" Breslau, author and journalist Bryan "DrDogg" Dawson, as well as former CGS player and WCG Ultimate Gamer contestant Adande "sWooZie" Thorne.

Every game at the event will get air time including Tekken 6, Guilty Gear Accent Core, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Guitar Hero: World Tour, SF3: 3rd Strike, Marvel vs Capcom 2, SSF2 Turbo HD Remix, King of Fighters XII, and of course the main event, Street Fighter 4. The video feeds for all the games will be hooked up directly to the cabinets for great quality. This will also be the first Tekken 6 tournament in the US, and the first major KOFXII event.

The Street Fighter 4 tournament will be the largest so far this year, with major competitors flying in from all around the country and on both coasts. GameStop National champion Justin "Marvelous" Wong and his SBO partner Martin “Marn” Phan will be flying in from the east coast along with Flash Metroid, and Ari "fLoE" Weintraub from the midwest. The west coast will be represented nicely with SBO qualifier winner Peter "Combofiend" Rosas looking to extend his win streak, along with Ryan "gootecks" Gutierrez, Mike Ross, Ricky Ortiz, Edward "EdMa" Ma, Mike Watson, Ken I, and Eliver "KillerKai" Ling. Guest commentary provided by Gootecks, Mike Ross and others will come as the tournament progresses.

Tekken 6, Marvel vs Capcom 2 and SF3: Third Strike will start on Friday, while Street Fighter 4 won't start till Saturday. A list of players for the other games will be added once they are known.

All the action will start around at 11:30 AM EST (17:30 CET) each day, starting today (Friday), and last until 10:00 PM EST (05:00 CET). For the live stream, tune into http://www.djwheat.tv (being worked on right now) or http://www.ustream.tv/channel/djwheat.

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "