• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

xLan 09

Started by stereomonkey, July 13, 2009, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Hahah,  what a awesome time I had!

5 Days of awesomeness.  Shouts out to Lenny, Euan, Ben, Mike, Smoof, Simon, Kevin, Skullator, Mark, Will, Mason, James and everyone else who I meet over the past week.  You guys seriously rock!  Mega awesome super shout out to Lenny and Euan for looking after me when I first arrived in Auckland.  Thanks for that ;)

When I get back to Oz I'll upload all the videos of all the matches I recorded (even the two that I was thrashed in  :'()  I will try to get the photos I took up too sometime.  I'm also thinking of catching a bus up to Auckland for a day so if anyone knows which day would be the best give me a yell :)

Anyway, xLan 09 was...

THE DAMAGER!!!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: stereomonkey on July 13, 2009, 04:20:09 PM
Hahah,  what a awesome time I had!

5 Days of awesomeness.  Shouts out to Lenny, Euan, Ben, Mike, Smoof, Simon, Kevin, Skullator, Mark, Will, Mason, James and everyone else who I meet over the past week.  You guys seriously rock!  Mega awesome super shout out to Lenny and Euan for looking after me when I first arrived in Auckland.  Thanks for that ;)

When I get back to Oz I'll upload all the videos of all the matches I recorded (even the two that I was thrashed in  :'()  I will try to get the photos I took up too sometime.  I'm also thinking of catching a bus up to Auckland for a day so if anyone knows which day would be the best give me a yell :)

Anyway, xLan 09 was...

THE DAMAGER!!!

I reckon Wednesday or Friday would be the best if you want to come to Yifans and kick our asses :P

stereomonkey

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 13, 2009, 05:10:26 PM
I reckon Wednesday or Friday would be the best if you want to come to Yifans and kick our asses :P

After my epic fail at the tournament I doubt that.  But now I'm really going to take Street Fighter seriously.  Before I flew over I was not interested at all in playing SFIV, I was far more excited to meet all you fighting game enthusiast that actually do exists in NZ.

When you guys come over for some battles against the aussies I'll be there supporting you guys 100% :)

HoneyBadger

Quote from: stereomonkey on July 13, 2009, 04:20:09 PM

THE DAMAGER!!!

Yusss! It was awesome staying at Stu's and having BATTLE FOR THE TOP BUNK!
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Will

Was a pretty sweet weekend, keens to see the videos + pics you took.  :)
Learning....

zos'la

good stuff mate, glad u enjoyed it here. hope to see you when u next come over bro.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

well Ive just got out of bed .
When I got home from leos sunday night I spewed my ring out 3 times during the night and Ive been in bed the last 2 days with the chills and aching body :(
I think the combination of only drinking demons , eating junkfood and virtually no sleep fucked me up but im a bit better this morning . Im uploading the final now , its massive so will take 2 hours . will post up a link when its done and then I will upload some of the other matches as well .

Was a shit load of fun , best weekend eva
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

HoneyBadger

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on July 14, 2009, 12:54:51 PM
well Ive just got out of bed .
When I got home from leos sunday night I spewed my ring out 3 times during the night and Ive been in bed the last 2 days with the chills and aching body :(
I think the combination of only drinking demons , eating junkfood and virtually no sleep fucked me up but im a bit better this morning . Im uploading the final now , its massive so will take 2 hours . will post up a link when its done and then I will upload some of the other matches as well .

Was a shit load of fun , best weekend eva

bl bro. You should probably check that out even though it's probably just some weak ass illness you got from being exhausted/dehydrated

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

You looked pretty seedy when you were leaving from Lenny's... probably picked something up at xLan as well (lots of flu and shit going around there)

Hope you feel 100% soon bro
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

SWIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEEE
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Yeah Euan, I was so fucking worried when you left Lennys on sunday becuase you looked like ass!

Also, if your still sick man do you want me to wait till you get better before I come up?  Your like the master wagger I know bro :P

fluxcore

Actually Julia is off this weekend, so if we want to go up to AKL again this weekend I'm free :O
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

yep

was actually part of the reason I wasn't that serious about coming tbh, because I got a flu there last year and knew it'd be much worse this year.

massi4h

Well Euan I guess I gave you too much of THE DAMAGER. Lol. Na but hope you get better, Xlan was real awesome, good to meet with you all especially you Stu. Have a good trip back and I'll have to go back to beating you online at xmen vs street fighter.

Can't wait for these videos lol, so many epic matches. And the final pretty much looked like the final I saw in Singapore with Itazan (JAPAN) vs Pei Hoon (SINGAPORE).

GG everyone. And yeah I'm too lazy to mention you all and you all know who you are.