• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hamilton - NZism Tekken5 DR tournament 24/03

Started by fluxcore, March 07, 2007, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I'm running a Tekken 5: DR tournament in co-ordination with TimeZone Victoria St (Thanks Steve!) on the Saturday the 24th March.
Starting time will be 10am, with signups and casual gameplay until 11am when the tourney itself will start. (TURN UP EARLY!)

More information about the location.

Entry is $5 - limited to 16 participants (so get in early!)

Tournament format:
Double elimination (i.e. you must lose TWICE to be eliminated)
Matches will be 1 game, best of 3 rounds.
If we get through the brackets fast enough, I intend to have winners and losers finals best of 3 games, and the grand finals best of 5... but grand finals will AT LEAST be best of 3.

Prizes
There will be prizes for top 3 as follows:
1st place: $60 instore game credit
2nd place: $30 instore game credit
3rd place: $10 instore game credit

Depending on how this 'trial-run' tournament works out, there is a possibility for monthly tournies, so show your support!

Any players of other fighting games (MvC2 in particular!) are more than welcome to come along, perhaps we can have a side tourney? I'd like to run tournaments for MvC2 as well, but I don't see enough players around to make it worthwhile so far.

Time to organise time off work for you weekenders, and get training! :D
See you there,
--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

coldfire

Sign me up please.

Since everybody from Hamilton seems to be forum-shy, I've already let my friends know via MSN and will also spread the word in TimeZone if I see other players.

You might also want to stick a tournament annoucement poster of some sort around TimeZone asap, fluxcore.

fluxcore

Quote from: coldfire on March 07, 2007, 06:50:58 PM
Sign me up please.

Since everybody from Hamilton seems to be forum-shy, I've already let my friends know via MSN and will also spread the word in TimeZone if I see other players.

You might also want to stick a tournament annoucement poster of some sort around TimeZone asap, fluxcore.

Thanks for your support. I'm trying to make this as good as I can; but it can only be great with good players.
Steve from Time Zone is making some posters that will go up next week, I believe.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

I'll see how much busfares and whatnot are. If its not too expensive, I'll see about coming down for the day.

Not so much to compete, because I'd get my ass handed to me in a matter of seconds, but I'd love to give some support however I can.

Hell, ask Steve to set up a TV+PS2 somewhere in the place for some Guilty Gear/whatever else :D

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on March 08, 2007, 03:26:41 PM
I'll see how much busfares and whatnot are. If its not too expensive, I'll see about coming down for the day.

Not so much to compete, because I'd get my ass handed to me in a matter of seconds, but I'd love to give some support however I can.

Hell, ask Steve to set up a TV+PS2 somewhere in the place for some Guilty Gear/whatever else :D

That'd be cool, it's always good to meet new people! I'm not intending on entering the tourney myself (unless the brackets are pretty empty), but if I do it'll be interesting because I've never played DR before.

I don't know how much equipment I really want to take along to the arcade (I dunno, I'm sure there's pretty large scope for shady goings on), but there's always a possibility of casuals at someone's house (I know I have gear to play almost anything, but pretty sure the missus doesn't want a 'gathering' at home - a couple of people should be fine though).

--flux

fluxcore

Updated first message with more info.

--flux

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: fluxcore on March 07, 2007, 10:01:15 AM
Any players of other fighting games (MvC2 in particular!) are more than welcome to come along, perhaps we can have a side tourney? I'd like to run tournaments for MvC2 as well, but I don't see enough players around to make it worthwhile so far.

me thinks roadtrip is in order.......simon, joe, ryan, mike ?

shotgun mikes car haha
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Ryan

hehe, errr... err.... i ....er .... no petrol *run
fighting game noob

Gino

fluxcore

Quote from: glisignoli on March 20, 2007, 03:24:49 PM
Does anyone want to video this?

I asked the manager of TZ to sort something out, but he may have forgotten...

--flux

Gino

Talked with steve today and he never mention it.
There migh be enough room to set up the cam at the front of the cab on a tripod. Out of the way of the screen. Would have to fix the scew in adobe somethingorother, but could work well.

fluxcore

Yeah, I'd definitely like to get footage if I can, but I don't really have the resources to do so, which is why I asked Steve if he could look into it. In some ways a cam would be good to get crowd noise, too...

--flux

kyokei

Oi Coldfire do you want your Lee card back? hahahaha
I'm still mucking around with all your items you bought.

I have a feeling Jerry will win it anyway... you should give him a handicap!

fluxcore

Quote from: kyokei on March 21, 2007, 12:28:37 PM
I have a feeling Jerry will win it anyway... you should give him a handicap!

I have my suspicions... :p

--flux