• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Hamilton - NZism Tekken5 DR tournament 24/03

Started by fluxcore, March 07, 2007, 10:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I have just been informed by my sponsors (TimeZone Hamilton... thank you Steve!), that the prize values have been DOUBLED in value! First place will now come away with $60 in instore game credit!

Remember that this first tournament is capped at 16 entrants, so get in early... and if the event is a success we're likely to have more (and in more games!)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Wugga

Ah what the hell... I'm not above embarrassing myself in public when videogames are involved, sign me up.
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

Gino

Good news about the prize pool. Though I checked today and don't think my idea of putting a cam in front of the machine will work.
Pitty about that.

fluxcore

Quote from: glisignoli on March 21, 2007, 06:50:05 PM
I checked today and don't think my idea of putting a cam in front of the machine will work.

I believe you can plug a capture device directly into the arcade board and get video off that for direct feed...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Gino

Steve said that he didn't know of anyone with a camera, so there probably won't be any taping of the tournament. Unless someone has a recorder they want to bring.

fluxcore

Quote from: glisignoli on March 22, 2007, 08:39:17 PM
Steve said that he didn't know of anyone with a camera, so there probably won't be any taping of the tournament. Unless someone has a recorder they want to bring.

Unfortunately I have nothing of the kind... a VCR would do the trick as well, I guess... not that I have one of those either!

--flux

Wugga

Oh crap. I just remembered my friend is having suit fittings for his wedding at pretty much the exact same time as the tournament.
If it's at Frank Caseys, maybe I'll be able to run across the road and meet some of you, but I doubt tournament participation is in the cards. Sorry guys.   :-\
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

Quote from: Wugga on March 24, 2007, 08:21:56 AM
Oh crap. I just remembered my friend is having suit fittings for his wedding at pretty much the exact same time as the tournament.
If it's at Frank Caseys, maybe I'll be able to run across the road and meet some of you, but I doubt tournament participation is in the cards. Sorry guys.   :-\

Sorry to hear that... Would be good if you can pop in though.

edit: NOT sorry to hear about the wedding... :X

Cheers,
--flux