• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

TE Square gate cleaning?

Started by Skullator, August 05, 2009, 01:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

Hello Fluxcore \ hardware nuts

I'm a noob at this hardware side of things, is there an easy way to get inside the mechanism which may be collecting moisture in my madcatz TE for cleaning purposes?

I know theres something in there which needs cleaning.. because when I go around the corners of my stick hard with the mechanism.. it plays alot better afterwards..

Im noticing this alot because I play charge over shoto I think, and do a bit of side bashing. Might be breaking my stick, dunno.

I'd love to give it a proper clean if its not a 10 hour job?

Any info appreciated, cheers.

fluxcore

Sure

take off the top 6 hex screws and then lift off the stick/buttons/art, revealing the whole stick innards.

You can then actually see the restrictor right there, it's the clear piece of plastic on the bottom of the stick. You can unclip it by pressing the four plastic tabs in and then it comes off completely. There's really nothing much to it though, so I doubt that's the problem.

Additionally you can unclip the e-clip on the bottom of the stick shaft and remove the whole shaft, and then with some unscrewing you should be able to take the whole thing apart and get to the spring, which is possibly sticking somewhere? Not sure really, bit hard to diagnose from afar.

Not hard taking this stuff apart anyway, also there are guides around on the net
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Skullator

Thanks flux your a legend man.

And good thinking on it not being a cleaning job.. on closer inspection I really underestimated Sanwa in that this whole springy feel is definitely more likely to be the cause of my issues.

I tend to PUSH DOWN on my stick a little more than I should when setting up hit confirmed head stomps etc..

Ill have a tinker thanks to your road mapping!
Cheers.