• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Tekken Tournys

Started by Tyrant, August 12, 2009, 12:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

Quote from: fluxcore on August 14, 2009, 07:48:22 AM
I already explained why there isn't much tekken talk on here, simply because the tekken players never joined. I guess if the name of the site doesn't have 'Tekken' in it they aren't interested.

I wasn't asking why (sorry if I gave that impression).
I was simply agreeing it would be good to pool resources, so we can hold EVO / SBO style events where more than 1 fighter is on offer.
But I can see that the ball is in their court as you have made the effort to get things happening.

Regarding BB - yes an exhibition would be a good start.
Maybe a 2 on 2 BB team event (for some fun) at the next SF meet.

Unfortunately its probably not really going to take off until the 360 local release turns up (whenever that might be).

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 14, 2009, 08:59:16 AM
^ Exhibition sorta matches? When people see how pretty it looks they'll be like "I WANNA PLAY THIS SHEEEIT"

Better not let you play then  ;D

HoneyBadger

So you'd rather watch a bunch of Ragna and Noel mirrors? xD
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 14, 2009, 09:17:35 AM
So you'd rather watch a bunch of Ragna and Noel mirrors? xD

If Hue is the Ragna and Kevin (not Zangief Kevin) is the Noel then Yup. Even better would be BANG battles.

HoneyBadger

Omg and then Nagato can run in and be like HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! ...Now I really wanna see this =(
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

BB not really my game, but Tkken tourny sounds good, I would get into it if it ever comes out on PC...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Will

BB ..... "I WANNA PLAY THIS SHEEEIT"
Learning....

Tyrant

Tekken players are cranky coz SF4 came along and took all the attention lol. I have no grudge once T6 console release finally happens tekken will pick up. Good to see the interest is there though. I am a diehard (albeit new) tekken fan (dont confuse diehard with skillful lol) but I am bollocks using a stick much better/comfortable with the pad so I am heartened to hear news that console tournys arnt a myth after all.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Tyrant on August 14, 2009, 08:03:43 PM
Tekken players are cranky coz SF4 came along and took all the attention lol.

I hope youre joking bro cause if that is true its retarded,

I used to post on TZ everyday and whore that forum like a motherfucker.  Tekken is a great game, and I am certainly picking it up when 6 drops on console.  LOL in fact I do believe that euan and I will have the game looong before anyone else around here does... mwahahahahaha

Anyway the point I am trying too make is that there is enough interest from members on this website for tekken, that I think we will end up starting our own little tekken community.  If it becomes wothwhile enough, itll grow anyway.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

maelgrim

I love Tekken - i'm in
No ulta / super crap to deal with  8)

SF4 is probably my least favourite fighter at the moment - though I do still enjoy it.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Tyrant

tekken community here? I would support that wholeheartedly, I am quite impressed with this site, I asked a question and it was answered almost strait away and with interest, and it seems like all the fighting game fans frequent this space so lets do it!

Care to share how your getting the game early bro? I pre-ordered my at EB ages ago so Im pretty much stuck with that decision anyway.

fluxcore

Heh, I think they mean by 'nefarious means'

However, firstgames.co.nz will be importing tekken 6 I believe on the October 27th or so date (I'll confirm this later) which is a little earlier than the general NZ release date (which is of course artificially delayed for Armageddon).

But yeah, there's certainly no reason why we can't have our own tekken talk here, I'm sure there'll be enough of us playing it. I'm guessing most of the 'pros' will be elsewhere though, so I can't promise much!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Quote from: maelgrim on August 15, 2009, 12:21:51 PM
I love Tekken - i'm in
No ulta / super crap to deal with  8)

Yeah, just that whole 'midscreen juggle for a bit, bound, more juggling to the wall, wallgame' thing... :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Tyrant

Yeah, im not sure about the whole bound mechanic, I mean sure it does take a bit of skill to master, but it is easily the most important aspect of T6 in my opinion. In DR there was a more balanced mix of juggle, throw, mix-ups etc, and whislt juggling was very important in DR in T6 it is all you really need to know to be half-decent.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Tyrant on August 16, 2009, 12:56:25 PM
Yeah, im not sure about the whole bound mechanic, I mean sure it does take a bit of skill to master, but it is easily the most important aspect of T6 in my opinion. In DR there was a more balanced mix of juggle, throw, mix-ups etc, and whislt juggling was very important in DR in T6 it is all you really need to know to be half-decent.
Then what do you need to know to be a pro at this game.Juggles? and more.....juggles?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!