• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Tekken Tournys

Started by Tyrant, August 12, 2009, 12:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinolicious

Quote from: Tyrant on August 16, 2009, 12:56:25 PM
Yeah, im not sure about the whole bound mechanic, I mean sure it does take a bit of skill to master, but it is easily the most important aspect of T6 in my opinion. In DR there was a more balanced mix of juggle, throw, mix-ups etc, and whislt juggling was very important in DR in T6 it is all you really need to know to be half-decent.

Lol, I'm better at tekken than I am at street fighter or blazblue, but to be honest, the bound mechanic is so weak, all it added to tekken was a different way to do combo's.  I mean, you were already doing them in the last iron first tournaments.

Back to topic though, I'd love to see how the tekken community turns out when it gets released on the consoles.  In Auckland, the scene is mostly at Queen Street BK timezone.
<PSN> Kriselda

Tyrant

Yep pretty much haha. Good defense, good at punishing (with launchers to juggle) and sweet juggles..thats the ticket to success. In fairness tho juggles do look pretty impressive when executed perfectly just sucks to be on the wrong end of one :-\

Tyrant

That massive arcade (dunno what its called) on the other side of the road from BK has a pretty good scene too from memory..everytime I go the tekken machines are packed. But yes I am looking foward to console tournys so we can all have our own space for busting eachother up heh

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Tyrant on August 16, 2009, 03:33:55 PM
Yep pretty much haha. Good defense, good at punishing (with launchers to juggle) and sweet juggles..thats the ticket to success. In fairness tho juggles do look pretty impressive when executed perfectly just sucks to be on the wrong end of one :-\
Hey that sounds cool, i use to love doing everyones juggles in tekken,i use to main kazuya, that rising counter punch owned, i won a tourny with him back in the day on tekken 4, 2 weeks of rubinng out scrubs was OWSUM.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

maelgrim

Quote from: Tyrant on August 16, 2009, 03:37:08 PM
That massive arcade (dunno what its called) on the other side of the road from BK has a pretty good scene

That would be Yifans
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Will

Hahahaha! Daym man each game has its own skill set, really nothing to brag about unless your a pro in each game which I highly doubt will ever happen.  :)
Learning....

Tyrant

All Tekken fans, pre-registration for Tekken 6 console tourny is up at tekkennz website sign up dudes