• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

MvC2: beginner & intermediate guide

Started by fluxcore, March 15, 2007, 11:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Oh yeah, and to anyone doing HPx4 assist etc over and over against you, you know you can pushblock, right? PP when blocking. Lets you get out of plenty o' traps if timed right - gives you a period of invincibility or something so you can superjump up, up, and away...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

QuoteFlux is right....low tiers have their place but in all seriousness, to get better, you have to use better characters.

I disagree. To get better, you just need to play more, and against people, so you learn what to do in different situations. To actually WIN against people who are using god tiers (cable/sent/mags/storm), then you will more than likely need to use at least 2 of them + a respectable assist.

Its good to take up a team like team scrub (cable/sent/capcom) early, so then you get a good grasp of using assists effectively, as well as learning a couple of awesome characters that will later suppliment your practice with other characters.

But seriously drop ryu. hes a turtle. turtles are gay. barring the ninja turtles. you dont want to be GAY now do you?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Ryan

ryu has to be a turtle. he can't spam projectiles, and has very limitted range on melee.  Infact, that's the case with half the capcom chars.

I think you can seriously improve by playing some non-top tier teams. It makes you focus so much more when you have less opportunities to attack.  But the low/mid tier chars/teams have a limit much lower than the limits of top tier teams/chars.

You could master low/mid tier teams, and be an even match for a moderate god-tier player.  You'd be at your limits, but he'd be able to improve.

This game is solely a team game. There's no such thing as individual tiers anymore IMO (unless it's 1v1 and it's Dan vs storm or something stupid)
fighting game noob

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 12, 2007, 11:04:06 PM
But seriously drop ryu. hes a turtle. turtles are gay. barring the ninja turtles. you dont want to be GAY now do you?

or you could be a lamer who complains about a legitimate play style :P

kingpiccolo

Yeah its all about team dynamics.....

go go team Z

Eddy_COMBO

Thanks Guys for the Tips........

*Drop Ryu: Okay fine then  :'( Wahhhhhhhhhhhh okay just as long no-one says drop Cpt.America I wont get aggro...

*Assists, So ahh will Cpt.America's Dash assist be okay for Cable?, hmmm

tkahvb: I gotta thank playin Sagat in SF for learnin this ver of ahvb

Turtle, goddamm man playin Tekken I know that sh_t is ghey lol, so f_cken bullsh_t. KingPic will know what I mean lol, that Ghey Waiter F_ck BSF Devil Jin player  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!  >:( >:( >:(.

I understand the concept of playin more improves your game, but watchin vids aint me. Mainly cause our Broadband sarrrrrrkkkss hard man, I swear this sh_t is capped.

Im startin to regret sellin my DC a couple years ago ehh

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 12, 2007, 11:04:06 PM
QuoteFlux is right....low tiers have their place but in all seriousness, to get better, you have to use better characters.
I disagree. To get better, you just need to play more, and against people, so you learn what to do in different situations. To actually WIN against people who are using god tiers (cable/sent/mags/storm), then you will more than likely need to use at least 2 of them + a respectable assist.
Its good to take up a team like team scrub (cable/sent/capcom) early, so then you get a good grasp of using assists effectively, as well as learning a couple of awesome characters that will later suppliment your practice with other characters.

Ahh, good - I thought you were disagreeing with ME... my finger was on the 'ban' button (j/k) :D
You'll definitely get better regardless of which team you'll pick - that's a given. To learn the engine and to actually get the feel of how your opponents are playing, however, you really need to play the chars which open everything up - with airdashes, flying, dhcs and guard breaks.
One problem I have with cable teams is that DHCs out of/into cable are generally really ugly, which is why I prefer Santhrax... although it's a pretty difficult team to start out with!

Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on June 13, 2007, 01:29:17 AM
*Drop Ryu: Okay fine then  :'( Wahhhhhhhhhhhh okay just as long no-one says drop Cpt.America I wont get aggro...

Haha... I'll say it... you should drop him. But if he's your man, then just find some cool shit with him. I don't know how he plays at all, but it's a safe bet that, along with all other low tier chars, the addition of Sentinel ground assist will make him 300x more effective! I guess Cpt.America, Cable AA, Sent ground wouldn't be the most horrible you could do... as mentioned previously cable/sent go together pretty well.

Quote*Assists, So ahh will Cpt.America's Dash assist be okay for Cable?, hmmm
Probably your best bet. I would imagine he'll be the first one to die anyway, and then you'd still have cable/sent.

Quotetkahvb: I gotta thank playin Sagat in SF for learnin this ver of ahvb
I used to have a hell of a time doing tiger knees... only got better at it because of AHVB, actually. Doesn't seem to transfer over to Slayer BDCed moves in Guilty Gear though... still can't get those cranking properly.

QuoteTurtle, goddamm man playin Tekken I know that sh_t is ghey lol, so f_cken bullsh_t. KingPic will know what I mean lol, that Ghey Waiter F_ck BSF Devil Jin player  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!  >:( >:( >:(.
Tekken must be even more gay to play against turtles... no block damage o_o But as Samurai Black says, it IS a legitimate play style... plenty of tourneys are won with it... kinda sucks in casuals though.

QuoteI understand the concept of playin more improves your game, but watchin vids aint me. Mainly cause our Broadband sarrrrrrkkkss hard man, I swear this sh_t is capped.

MvC2 was the first game that I thought was really really beneficial to watch vids for... then I started doing it for other games too. I learnt so much about situational tactics from vids... but then maybe it's just the only way I can compensate for lack of competition.

QuoteIm startin to regret sellin my DC a couple years ago ehh
As a Tekken player I'm sure you have a PS2... there's a port of MvC2 for PS2. Some sounds have changed, the logo has changed (wtf), the game lags in different places, but it plays pretty well in just about every other respect - in fact the Evolution tournament staff have been pushing to switch to the PS2 version in recent years.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

@ Fluxcore

*Okay sweet I'll stay with Cpt America haha lolz. I know he sucks lol, but I jus play for fun anyway. Like whenever I wanna have a break from Tekken eh. Which of course has increased lately lol due to Ghey Playstyles (legitimate or not I dont give a F_ck I mean people Turtle against me when I've got 1 point of HP left and they've got a Full Bar FFS!!  >:( >:( >:( )
Tekken with Guard Damage=My kinda game cause Eddy is the offensive Mix-up Don lol whatever lol, (you guys prolly goin "Eddy, Tekken wtf you on about lol")

* Meh Im anti Top-Tier man lol, in most fighting games.(then again I dont know much Tiers in 2D games eh lol)
Nahh jus too lazy too learn the top-tiers lol....

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

RYU IS DOPENESS......HE IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF CAPCOM

ID SAY GO WITH RYU/CAT. AMERICA....BUT FIND SOMEONE ELSE....

A GOOD A/A OR GROUND COVERING ASSIST, GO WITH FLUXCORE ON THE SENT BET...

RYU/CAPT. AMERICA/SENT

and yes eddys dopeness......but king is the king lool
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on June 16, 2007, 04:08:28 PM
RYU IS DOPENESS......HE IS THE PERSONIFICATION OF CAPCOM

ID SAY GO WITH RYU/CAT. AMERICA....BUT FIND SOMEONE ELSE....

A GOOD A/A OR GROUND COVERING ASSIST, GO WITH FLUXCORE ON THE SENT BET...

RYU/CAPT. AMERICA/SENT

and yes eddys dopeness......but king is the king lool

Wow cool thanks for the tips. Sweet I'll jus use Sents assist thing. But it means I have to learn Sentinal sweet as.

King ehh that reminds me you still up for some Tekken battles but KingPic is a better King player than me ehh without a doubt.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

its cool brah.....well if ur not keen on learning sent, try using Cyclops Anti Air....thats pretty good aswell.

Or doom or Ironman lol.....just try one of them see where u end up

as for tekken....i havnt played that in a very long time.....i mean no offence to hardcore tekken players....but side step block repeat.....not really my thing.

I'll still bust a mean moonsault on you though :P

KING RULZ
The New Generation Clockw0rk