• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV Nationals August 09

Started by CrazyMobius, August 15, 2009, 08:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Oh, and another error, Crazymobius (w) vs lightweight 2 - 1. Yeah, Simon won that EPIC YIFANS GRUDGE MATCH!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah awesome day guys .
All good about the pauses xpunch , you dominated me anyway . Boxer is my kryptonite hard , be keen for some more matches to learn the matchup better .

Cheers to andy leo and alan for organising such a great event  - fAvourite match of the day was definately james vs hue and crazymobious vs lightweight .
Good shit boys .
Now im feeling really hungry , im gunna fuck that Yum Cha buffett up in 2 hours
Yeaahhhhhhh boiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

zos'la

What a DAY!!! I was really tired lol was glad that I didn't fall right over!!!

Thanks too all the participated :) Alan And Lenny + Judges did a well done Job, without you guys I can't of gone through this huge tournament organizing everything myself again...

I am amazed on the overall skill level improvement for all players since the last tournament!!! you guys must of trained 24/7 -.-
Keep it up!!!

some corrections I've notice on my game, first game vs the guileguy was 2-0 to him
second game with the guileguy was 1-2 to me, used sagat first game and Ryu for the last two.

Losers bracket vs James(Hydro) was 2-1 to me.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

congrads on my nigger ben for picking up 3rd place yeyah
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

MistaTCR

Please do post those match videos! Would really like to see them. Really wish I could attend this tourney even for a little while and meet the peeps. But another cousins wedding, not allowed to miss it.

stereomonkey

I will up the vids when I get home.  Some of the matches I recorded may be shakey abit because when it got to the top 8 players my arms were dead.

Thanks again to Lenny the taxisaurs for taking me everywhere!  Sorry for paying you via locking your keys in the boot >_<  and thanks Euan for the AA assist.  YOU WIN! :D

Can't wait to see you guys over here in my turf.  Ioane, gonna hit you up for some interstate battles once I get me a PS3. :D  Also Marc, cannot wait to see the mad vid you will be making.  Should be sweet.  I hope you guys have a mad gaming session over a long weekend period, I'll be mad keen to fly back for that.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Will

Chur to the NZism crew for holding this, was sick. Some crazy matches going down all day, Id have to say any match that Hydro played it was sick to watch aswell as mobius vs lightwight (HONDA!!!). Nerves got the best of me in both my tournament games, sucked hard but I do need to brush up on some shit. Hopefully I can make it out to one of the SF gatherings you guys hold.

When will the team tournament details be announced? Mad keens for that, thats if anyone wants to team with me HAHA :P
Learning....

Gino

GGs everyone! Wish I had played some more casual matches against everyone!
Ill_Bill, Add me on xbla! "GinoL". I'll show you the power of the jungle.
Devilstar: the couple of causual matches we played were great!
iMagneto: I don't even think we got a single game together this time. Whats with that?!
Cr8zyK1LL3r: Your ryu took me out clean. Nice work!

to everyone else ggs! Too many to mention!

zos'la

I think everyone is still resting up from yesterday lol.
Lenny the Bracket details on your PC, so maybe you post the top 8  when you get a chance?

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Gino on August 16, 2009, 05:21:38 PM
GGs everyone! Wish I had played some more casual matches against everyone!
Ill_Bill, Add me on xbla! "GinoL". I'll show you the power of the jungle.
Devilstar: the couple of causual matches we played were great!
iMagneto: I don't even think we got a single game together this time. Whats with that?!
Cr8zyK1LL3r: Your ryu took me out clean. Nice work!

to everyone else ggs! Too many to mention!

I'll mention the games i whooped you in right now, consider it mentioned.
Pitty i didn't get any casuals in against Kevin, i got that matchup so sussed.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

iMagneto

good game to you all~ very unhappy about my lost~ oh well... next tournament~~ ill be ready again

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Thanks Fluxcore and all the admins for running the tournament. It was fun !! It's a pity that Lenny and Alan couldn't join us and that's why we all went to giga to have some games with you guys even though we were exhausted (I was, i only had a coffee in the morning when Andy came to my place then we took off for the tournament, and i couldn't leave until the tournament is over because I was not allowed to see when is my match, lol).

I was hoping to show people my Ryu but I didn't expect that I had to use a different stick in the tournament so I was playing a non-combo Rush-down Ryu for over half the tournament. I was glad that I could use my stick again in the last 4 matches and didn't scare to do combo or ultra anymore. hehe... Otherwises I could have lost to Gino/Ioane or even the Brothers.

Imagneto: We had a really close match and you were destroying me in the first game. Good to fight you Mike.

Hydrokinesis : Good match we had there man. Your C.viper has improved a lot after that defeat u took 3 months ago. I guess your 5 hours/day training has been paid off compared to me got hooked into computer games all day LOL. But seriously, you deserved the win man. Your zoning with C.Viper has improved a lot. Now, I hope you won't skip my challenge on PSN anymore. I wanna try again someday ^_^

Ioane : I didn't expect you to use Ken against me. I was shaking when i thought i had to fight against your fei long. Your Ken kara throw keep getting at me like i was a scrub lol. And I didn't know how to counter it. I think you could have won if you use your fei-long.

Gino : I guess Ryu had advantages over Blanka and I could tell that match was pretty hard for you. You took the 4th round with a cross up ultra, that was awesome man. The moment i saw you used ultra I thought: "Ahhh, I expected that, I just need to block low then high now and he will be a dead meat" But then Your ultra did a cross-up and hit my Ryu from behind. I was like :"WTF, Is this even possible ??" Lol... I guess i really need more experience against different match-up.

Toomeke : You did really well in this tournament Ben, you took out a lot of players and made a very few mistakes compared to us. And Kevin was the only person that you lost but everyone could tell that "balrog vs zangief" is a very bad match up for balrog. I couldn't do anything against your Balrog and you were reading my Ryu like a book. You made it to 3rd place in this tournament. Well done Ben !! ^_^

There is just 1 little thing that i'm a bit confused. I'm just wondering what's my ranking in this tournament. As for the top 8 matches, I got 1 win from Gino and lost to Ben while Richard lost to andy (later on Andy lost to Ben and came 4th). So I'm just a bit confused that how come Richard got 5th place and I didn't have a chance to fight against his awesome Guile. (well, we've fought a lot in yifans but tournament pressure is much more fun :D)

Phew..... I finally finished this long essay. lol Now It's time for me to take a step back from SF4.

Hydro

All good Hue, thanks for the props bro. I hope you didn't take my "THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!!!!!!" comment tooooo much to heart just after our matches, There was a ton of hype around you and I facing off and it was something that really just flew outta my mouth in the heat of victory. Your's was definitely the game of the day for me, and I had been preparing alot the week before to face you on the day. (didn't want to give anything away, so that's why I skipped the invites ;)) Call me paranoid, but I didn't want to jinx my mindset by getting my ass kicked by you just before the tourney. I'm sure we'll have many MANY more matches to look forward to soon.

I hope you'll be in the team tourney too.

Oh yeah the standings, I think You, Gino and I got 8th equal, not sure how richard ended up above us, So the standings would be:

1st:            Simon - Sagat
2nd:           Kevin - Gief
3rd:            Ben - Boxer
4th:            Andy - Ryu / Sagat
5th:            Richard - Guile
8th equal:   Gino - Blanka / Hue - Ryu / James - C.Viper

But I'm not too sure on that, it's difficult to rank anyone after 4th place in a double elim tourney. Keen to see the official results too!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

What about our games Hue? hmm dont have anything to say about the 5-0 thrashing i gave you? You barely even got ONE round, come on lets here the excuses.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!