• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighta 4 National Tournament

Started by DVS, August 17, 2009, 02:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Big ups to the organizers, sponsors & everyone that turned up and competed on the day! Was awesome to see how everyone has improved and that is a strong community vibe out there.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm personally stoked to have placed 17 equal  (be it with 6 others but still)out of 47 fightas.

The highlights of the day for me were James C.Viper battles (mad respect for performing under pressure), seeing everyone's custom sticks and watching the finals.

I look forward to next years event and up coming Jam sessions...

Lenny -we didn't get our match bro....but you know I'm down.

Keep training fullas...come see me down at Yifans for some hado-action....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

Currently I'm thinking the next nationals will be earlier next year, to make sure we get an idea of who should go to OzHadou for their tourney next year :)

But yeah, an event like that is made by the participants, so the biggest ups go to all you guys :) Also really glad we had basically no entrant-caused problems (no stick abuse or people causing a stink) so that helped a lot.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 04:32:04 PM
Currently I'm thinking the next nationals will be earlier next year, to make sure we get an idea of who should go to OzHadou for their tourney next year :)

But yeah, an event like that is made by the participants, so the biggest ups go to all you guys :) Also really glad we had basically no entrant-caused problems (no stick abuse or people causing a stink) so that helped a lot.

Does that mean next year we will be running multiple tourneys?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

KOW 2011

fluxcore

Currently I'm thinking Tekken 6, SFIV, BlazBlue, HD:Remix and maybe MvC2.
However, don't ask me how on earth I intend to run 4 or 5 games at a time, I'll have to muse upon that one for a while.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

KOW 2011

Will

Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 04:52:39 PM
However, don't ask me how on earth I intend to run 4 or 5 games at a time, I'll have to muse upon that one for a while.

Keens to help where its needed, HD Remix would be siiiccckkkK!
Learning....

Lennysaurus

Ive actually been giving that some thought Allan.

I'll download my brain to you next time we're on vent.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 17, 2009, 06:04:07 PM
Ive actually been giving that some thought Allan.

I'll download my brain to you next time we're on vent.

No, you drop the atomic knowledge bomb!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I think SF4 and T6 are probably going to be defnites, since they have the biggest following atm, but it may not be worth looking into many of the others depending on the size of the crowd. Though the other option of course is doing it over a couple of days, but HOLY FUCK youre going to be nackered after that shit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 17, 2009, 09:01:00 PM
I think SF4 and T6 are probably going to be defnites, since they have the biggest following atm, but it may not be worth looking into many of the others depending on the size of the crowd. Though the other option of course is doing it over a couple of days, but HOLY FUCK youre going to be nackered after that shit.

The reality is that to do this type of event across multiple games it will HAVE to be done over 2 days.  Its gonna take phat sponsorship and huge help from the community ie: donating hardware for use.

kingpiccolo

finally back in brisbane had a fucken awesome weekend big ups to all who attended and made things possibly good to meet old faces and new alike too bad i couldn't stay longer i had alot of catching up to do with everyone but not enough time to do it.

can't wait till the next tourney will definitely rep fei again and this time ill make sure to stay fei all the way and leave ken for casuals instead.

Once again awesome meeting everyone and looking forward to playing you guys in the near future.

PS.smoof iron tager gona stamp his name on ya foredome bro imma try get a copy of BB so we can have battles ask darren if he likes tager destruction RAWR.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: kingpiccolo on August 18, 2009, 01:48:09 AM
finally back in brisbane had a fucken awesome weekend big ups to all who attended and made things possibly good to meet old faces and new alike too bad i couldn't stay longer i had alot of catching up to do with everyone but not enough time to do it.

can't wait till the next tourney will definitely rep fei again and this time ill make sure to stay fei all the way and leave ken for casuals instead.

Once again awesome meeting everyone and looking forward to playing you guys in the near future.

PS.smoof iron tager gona stamp his name on ya foredome bro imma try get a copy of BB so we can have battles ask darren if he likes tager destruction RAWR.

lol that was funny as hell.  After 4 hours with the game Ioane was smashing Darren at my house.

maelgrim

Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 04:52:39 PM

Awesome our own Mini EVO  ;D
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

zos'la

its a big step to do all those games...
What have I done to start all this lol :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.