• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighta 4 National Tournament

Started by DVS, August 17, 2009, 02:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

Probably easiest to run it like SBO - one event at a time - maybe over a 2 day period. But retain double elimintation (if time permits). Also keen for character locks - but its not big deal if counter picks are allowed.
Do all the pools on Saturday - then have the Quarters / Semi's etc Sat night or Sunday.
Anyway plenty of time to think about it :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

I would rather drop back to 1 game per match than drop down to single elim...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 18, 2009, 07:00:19 AM
Quote from: kingpiccolo on August 18, 2009, 01:48:09 AM
finally back in brisbane had a fucken awesome weekend big ups to all who attended and made things possibly good to meet old faces and new alike too bad i couldn't stay longer i had alot of catching up to do with everyone but not enough time to do it.

can't wait till the next tourney will definitely rep fei again and this time ill make sure to stay fei all the way and leave ken for casuals instead.

Once again awesome meeting everyone and looking forward to playing you guys in the near future.

PS.smoof iron tager gona stamp his name on ya foredome bro imma try get a copy of BB so we can have battles ask darren if he likes tager destruction RAWR.

lol that was funny as hell.  After 4 hours with the game Ioane was smashing Darren at my house.

HAHA he failed to tell me this. "Don't wanna be blues bro, but you just got smashed by someone who doesn't even have the game" I should probably not give him shit though cause after a week Ioane will probably be giving me the smasher ><
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

I enjoyed the the 3 game/best of 3 rounds matches with double elimination, it worked realll well and everyone got heaps of game. What we need to keep in mind is to have all the statiosn running up to quarter finals then have them running on the main screen or else we will run out of time like the previous one.

1 game/ best of 7 rounds sounds good :D with double elimination world work too.

signle elimination is just lame :D

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 18, 2009, 08:40:21 AM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 18, 2009, 07:00:19 AM
Quote from: kingpiccolo on August 18, 2009, 01:48:09 AM
finally back in brisbane had a fucken awesome weekend big ups to all who attended and made things possibly good to meet old faces and new alike too bad i couldn't stay longer i had alot of catching up to do with everyone but not enough time to do it.

can't wait till the next tourney will definitely rep fei again and this time ill make sure to stay fei all the way and leave ken for casuals instead.

Once again awesome meeting everyone and looking forward to playing you guys in the near future.

PS.smoof iron tager gona stamp his name on ya foredome bro imma try get a copy of BB so we can have battles ask darren if he likes tager destruction RAWR.

lol that was funny as hell.  After 4 hours with the game Ioane was smashing Darren at my house.

HAHA he failed to tell me this. "Don't wanna be blues bro, but you just got smashed by someone who doesn't even have the game" I should probably not give him shit though cause after a week Ioane will probably be giving me the smasher ><

You and Darren should come over to mine after work tonight for some BB games!  Ben too!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: fluxcore on August 17, 2009, 04:52:39 PM
Currently I'm thinking Tekken 6, SFIV, BlazBlue, HD:Remix and DEFINATELY MvC2.
However, don't ask me how on earth I intend to run 4 or 5 games at a time, I'll have to muse upon that one for a while.

fix'd
The New Generation Clockw0rk