• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tournament August 09 feedback

Started by zos'la, August 18, 2009, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 19, 2009, 05:27:38 AM
Quote from: weazzyefff on August 19, 2009, 05:09:45 AM
Holly shit Hue your sleeping habbits are fucked just like just mine.

Stay up all night. But i sleep all day. What do you do, just go school without any sleep, fuck that shit.

5:06 am.
5:20 AM

edit : 5:25 AM, Been busy with tests and assignments. I've finally finished the test. Only 1 more assignment to complete this week. Then I have another 3 assignments + 1 test next week.

5:38. I'm going to sleep now. got class at 10. 4 hours sleeping lol. You should get some sleep too lol. Have a Nightmare !!

6:10 OMG, What's happening to me ?!!??
LOL, WEAKLING!!!! sleep is for girls

6:38
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CptMunta

What needs improving?

Directfeed capturing all the big-screen footage. The dude with hookups was a no show. Now I have to edit shakey cam styles.  :D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Yeah I know. There were supposed to be a couple of other options that also fell through.

Lucky Stu was there!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

I'll remeber to not rely on thsoe just talk people!~!! :(
we will organize one of our own people to capture the footages...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

ABC_SMN

Just hurry up and organise it. XD

keep posting are not taking into the another step up.
but yeah. I reckon we should try to get Redbull as a sponsor also.
Since everyone will buy one in the tourny.
Why dont they give us one.... lol

Gino

So magical way to see up comming matches

budafist

woulda been cool to be able to see the bracket the whole day, maybe on the projector?
Then you might not have to yell out for next fighters so much, as everyone would know when their next fight is, and on what station.

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

fluxcore

I'm actually not sure that I could accomplish that using the software, it doesn't have draggable windows so I couldn't just show the bracket on another monitor easily. I do actually have a couple of things to ask the writer of that software, so maybe I'll throw that one in as well.

Another issue is that people have to be able to actually follow the dbl elim bracket, it's not that obvious from it whether you have a match coming up soon. Also, I was hand picking which stations matches got played on as they came up, I can't see any other way of doing that tbh, what with pad players and ppl wanting to use specific consoles.

If you looked at the screen I was staring at the whole 7 hours, it wasn't a bracket at all, just a list of matches due to be played in the near future. This way I could actually tell people if they had a match coming up soon.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2009, 04:38:53 PM
I'm actually not sure that I could accomplish that using the software, it doesn't have draggable windows so I couldn't just show the bracket on another monitor easily. I do actually have a couple of things to ask the writer of that software, so maybe I'll throw that one in as well.

Another issue is that people have to be able to actually follow the dbl elim bracket, it's not that obvious from it whether you have a match coming up soon. Also, I was hand picking which stations matches got played on as they came up, I can't see any other way of doing that tbh, what with pad players and ppl wanting to use specific consoles.

If you looked at the screen I was staring at the whole 7 hours, it wasn't a bracket at all, just a list of matches due to be played in the near future. This way I could actually tell people if they had a match coming up soon.

we could of just show the matches that were coming up on teh screen, pad or console issues can be sorted once its their match, I had a 32 inch screen near teh counter that i ask if u wanted to use. maybe next time we can do better^^

HoneyBadger

Hrmm, making it single platform and forcing people to register online before the day of the event would enable us to sort this shit out. Dunno how this would affect numbers though =/
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: budafist on August 19, 2009, 04:28:10 PM
woulda been cool to be able to see the bracket the whole day, maybe on the projector?
Then you might not have to yell out for next fighters so much, as everyone would know when their next fight is, and on what station.

Only problem with having the brackets visible is the potential for abuse by people throwing matches etc, because of who they have/will face in the tourney. 

zos'la

it will only show the next 7-8 match so people can prepare for them, not the whole bracket.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 19, 2009, 05:32:06 PM
Hrmm, making it single platform and forcing people to register online before the day of the event would enable us to sort this shit out. Dunno how this would affect numbers though =/

DA SMOOF SPITTIN KNOWLEDGE
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Sober-Dave on August 20, 2009, 09:50:30 AM
Quote from: Smoofikith on August 19, 2009, 05:32:06 PM

DA SMOOF SPITTIN KNOWLEDGE

Nah its not knowledge, its weazzys pubes.

Thats all good on paper, but a good portion of our entrants werent actually members of the site. I personally think it would make it a hell of a lot easier as well. Probably best to encourage pre-reg AND pre-paying (because if youve payed, then odds are youre gonna turn up. Pre-paying would essentially be a 100% confirmation that youre gonna be there.) for next time, just to save a bit of time on the day.

And no refunds bitches.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Maybe we could test this on our team tournaments and sheet? Pre-register and prepay essential? Or maybe just charge extra for sign ups on the day? It's not like we haven't printed/handed/yelled enough shit for them not to know about this site
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA