• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Tournament August 09 feedback

Started by zos'la, August 18, 2009, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

* stereomonkey wishes lenny was still selling one of his namco

:'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

geneterror

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 21, 2009, 10:13:08 AM
If all youre doing is changing the artwork on the namco then all good.
Namco will be a strictly artwork change 8)
That damn thing will soldier on forever!
KOW 2011

samurai black

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 20, 2009, 06:27:07 PM
I actually have so say that a good portion of our entrants WERE from the site.  Hence the reason why I was sitting at the rego collecting the money, So I could put the usernames to the faces.

lenny decided he'd give me a different name at the tournament. shot bro.

zos'la

Just get a case built for you and buttons/joystick.
The rest = easy pz with PCB and wiring as I beleive you want a ps1/ps2 pad hacked?
Just get teh case ready with teh buttosn and stick and its a piece of cake.
oh and a version A or H for the digital ps1 PAD would be great, easy to mod. Check out Slagcoin.com for the Controller details.

As for your PS2 to be modded, go to mod-cip.com and get a nice chip you like for your PS2 making sure its correspond to your PS2 version which you can check from you schp: xxxxxxx at the back of your PS2. When you order make sure they send you the wiring diagram for the PCB as I think they give you an option to ahve it or not? not sure.

Once you have done so, we can look into getting it modded.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on August 21, 2009, 11:25:55 AM
Just get a case built for you and buttons/joystick.
The rest = easy pz with PCB and wiring as I beleive you want a ps1/ps2 pad hacked?
Just get teh case ready with teh buttosn and stick and its a piece of cake.
oh and a version A or H for the digital ps1 PAD would be great, easy to mod. Check out Slagcoin.com for the Controller details.

As for your PS2 to be modded, go to mod-cip.com and get a nice chip you like for your PS2 making sure its correspond to your PS2 version which you can check from you schp: xxxxxxx at the back of your PS2. When you order make sure they send you the wiring diagram for the PCB as I think they give you an option to ahve it or not? not sure.

Once you have done so, we can look into getting it modded.

If you have the old fat PS2 you can soft mod it to run without opnening it up.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

you can soft mod pretty much any of them (except ones produced since about christmas) as long as you have a memory card...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on August 21, 2009, 01:44:29 PM
you can soft mod pretty much any of them (except ones produced since about christmas) as long as you have a memory card...

My memorycard modchip died a couple of months ago.  Can't be bothered getting a new one since all I played on it was the Metal Gearl Solid the essential collection.

zos'la

link to teh soft mod? I haven't been moding for awhile so not sure what they are up to these days...

zos'la

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 21, 2009, 03:00:33 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on August 21, 2009, 01:44:29 PM

My memorycard modchip died a couple of months ago.  Can't be bothered getting a new one since all I played on it was the Metal Gearl Solid the essential collection.

Holy crap.... is new stuff to me. WHo wants to get one along with me!!! :)

fluxcore

Get one? If you have a NORMAL memory card for ps2, I can mod it. The only caveat is that you have to reburn your isos with a patch (it works by making the game disc into a video disc, and then the memory card hack can play it as a video).

It's called... freeMCboot / ESR or something similar.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on August 21, 2009, 03:46:42 PM
Get one? If you have a NORMAL memory card for ps2, I can mod it. The only caveat is that you have to reburn your isos with a patch (it works by making the game disc into a video disc, and then the memory card hack can play it as a video).

It's called... freeMCboot / ESR or something similar.

Nice Alan!  I was wondering if someone had tried doing that.  I've only read about it online.