• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 - Bloody AWESOME

Started by dejct, August 18, 2009, 10:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejct

Hi guys,

People around NZ are looking for an awesome arcade, with the TE edition being $400 and any other stick around is a piece of crap or unmoddable its pretty much impossible to find value for money.

You guys need the HRAP3. This stick is awesome. I have one of these which, it cost me $249 and its fricken AWESOME.

The Stick itself is a sanwa stick, the same one that is in the TE edition. Enough said.
The buttons are Hori standard but are very high quality, almost as good as Sanwa, in my opinion.
The base is big, heavy and plenty of room! Dont go with a crappy tiny mayflash thing pfft.

After recieving this stick and using it happy and it working perfectly, i decided to order some Sanwa buttons and a ball from Lizardlick.com in the US. This site as a sweet reputation, so I thought what the hell? and just ordered them.

Modding this stick is INSANELY EASY! You just unscrew it, disconnect the buttons, pop them out and connect the new ones. That is literally how easy it is...

So if you're thinking about buying a stick, you will not be disappointed with the HRAP3!

SO GET YOUR ASSES TO THIS SITE AND BUY ONE NOW!
Stan from firstgames will sort you out!
http://www.firstgames.co.nz/shop/playstation3/playstation3real-arcade-pro3fi

IM ABOUT TO BUY ANOTHER ONE! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY!

oh yeah heres a pic of my modded stick...
PSN: dejct

dejct

Here we go....

fluxcore

Yep, they are good sticks, especially for the price. Still don't like the select/start button placement though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

dejct

I have NEVER once hit the start or select button in Tekken, SF, SC, MvC2 or any other fighting game. A non issue man!

Lennysaurus

lol so are you taking commission from Hori on each one sold?  lol j/k

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: dejct on August 18, 2009, 10:09:58 PM
I have NEVER once hit the start or select button in Tekken, SF, SC, MvC2 or any other fighting game. A non issue man!

This is actually true. Even though I hit my start button all the time its not because of the button placement. It's because I have this dumb habit of reaching for my start button whenever I'm in a combo or something...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 18, 2009, 11:04:02 PM
Someone tell weazzy to hit this up.
Bro... scratch that i'm wasting my money on phat TE.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

dejct

Lol, nah not taking commision, it'd be GREAT though. The TE edition is the same as this pretty much dude, except this ones alot cheaper... The quality is just as good. Paying an extra $150 for a different case doesnt really make that much sense to me. oh wait - it has a cord compartment, which doesn't fit the cord into it anyway lol.

electric

I really want to get one of these but am put off by the start/select being on the face AND the "viewlix" button layout... Buuut... for $250 that's a really good price... Has anyone got one of these AND a TE and had trouble switching between the two in terms of hitting links consistently ? I only ever use the first 6 buttons, but the fact that the HP/HK are slightly lower than on the TE is what's holding me back
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

maelgrim

You do realise you can order a TE direct from Capcom for less than $300 (current exchange rate) including shipping, which is all Sanwa so no mods required.

Having said that I prefer my HRAP3 which I got from Livewire for $160 NZ last Christmas :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

Actually, electric, the hrap is not a vewlix layout (but perhaps that's why you used quote-marks?). I actually don't like the HRAP layout much, prefer the TE 'true' vewlix...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2009, 09:20:28 AM
Actually, electric, the hrap is not a vewlix layout (but perhaps that's why you used quote-marks?). I actually don't like the HRAP layout much, prefer the TE 'true' vewlix...

Ahh yes... my mistake -- I knew one of them was a Viewlix layout lol... So that would make the HRAP a... Ballbags layout ? lol

I also prefer the TE, but only by looking at it and not by experience... I may have to try someones HRAP out before I buy one I think
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: maelgrim on August 19, 2009, 09:17:52 AM

You do realise you can order a TE direct from Capcom for less than $300 (current exchange rate) including shipping, which is all Sanwa so no mods required.

Having said that I prefer my HRAP3 which I got from Livewire for $160 NZ last Christmas :)
Hey can you really, is that the US Capcome store?

Because i tried they said US only
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore