• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 - Bloody AWESOME

Started by dejct, August 18, 2009, 10:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on August 19, 2009, 09:13:22 AM
I really want to get one of these but am put off by the start/select being on the face AND the "viewlix" button layout... Buuut... for $250 that's a really good price... Has anyone got one of these AND a TE and had trouble switching between the two in terms of hitting links consistently ? I only ever use the first 6 buttons, but the fact that the HP/HK are slightly lower than on the TE is what's holding me back

I have both.

I dont have any trouble at all switching between the two.  Mind you I only use the inside 6 buttons.

TBH the only notable difference between the two imo is that the TE is much more mod freindly.  The TE can be opened up within a minute or two, where as the HRAP is a bit more fiddly.  Also the TE PCB is alot more user friendly for doing stuff like dual mods.

If you dont plan on opening them up much then get a HRAP.  If you are keen on modding, changing artwork alot, or changing buttons in and out alot, then definitely get a TE.

If you are prepared to order from the capcom store, the price difference is only sixty odd bucks between an HRAP and TE.

Also for XBOX gamers, playasia is now stocking the HRAPEX which is the XBOX360 version of the HRAP.  Going for about $300 iirc.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on August 19, 2009, 09:37:46 AM
They ship internationally now.
Yeah your right but i just went on there now and the shiping IS a whopping $128.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Well I dunno about that, somehow many people have gotten their TEs through capcom store for ~300NZ including shipping...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

Your shopping cart must have 2 of them (I got $128 shipping when 2 in the cart).
The single item shipping cost is $81 which is double what it was a week or so ago.
Works out about $330 NZ

Thats sucks, more than likely they have taken away the cheap shipping option due to people complaining about slow deliver (thats what Amazon did).

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

dejct

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on August 19, 2009, 10:54:30 AM
Quote from: electric on August 19, 2009, 09:13:22 AM
I really want to get one of these but am put off by the start/select being on the face AND the "viewlix" button layout... Buuut... for $250 that's a really good price... Has anyone got one of these AND a TE and had trouble switching between the two in terms of hitting links consistently ? I only ever use the first 6 buttons, but the fact that the HP/HK are slightly lower than on the TE is what's holding me back

I have both.

I dont have any trouble at all switching between the two.  Mind you I only use the inside 6 buttons.

TBH the only notable difference between the two imo is that the TE is much more mod freindly.  The TE can be opened up within a minute or two, where as the HRAP is a bit more fiddly.  Also the TE PCB is alot more user friendly for doing stuff like dual mods.

If you dont plan on opening them up much then get a HRAP.  If you are keen on modding, changing artwork alot, or changing buttons in and out alot, then definitely get a TE.

If you are prepared to order from the capcom store, the price difference is only sixty odd bucks between an HRAP and TE.

Also for XBOX gamers, playasia is now stocking the HRAPEX which is the XBOX360 version of the HRAP.  Going for about $300 iirc.

I have opened my HRAP3 atleast 10 times and every time it took about 2 minutes, thats including disconnecting the buttons. its so simple guys. :P I love the HRAP3! its awesome.
PSN: dejct

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: maelgrim on August 19, 2009, 03:40:56 PM

Your shopping cart must have 2 of them (I got $128 shipping when 2 in the cart).
The single item shipping cost is $81 which is double what it was a week or so ago.
Works out about $330 NZ

Thats sucks, more than likely they have taken away the cheap shipping option due to people complaining about slow deliver (thats what Amazon did).

Nah it worked out to be $428, one TE=300 and shiping=128

By UPS express was the only option after i put in NZ.

edit:And if i known it was gonna take ages i wouldn't of gotten it there anyway, cant wait too long, speed is the key.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: dejct on August 19, 2009, 04:35:57 PM

I have opened my HRAP3 atleast 10 times and every time it took about 2 minutes, thats including disconnecting the buttons. its so simple guys. :P I love the HRAP3! its awesome.

True.  Maybe we have different HRAP3's or something, cause there is no way you could open mine in 2 minutes.  You have to undo the 8 screws at the bottom of the unit, then once you do that, the pcb and buttons are seperated by a black plastic compartment.  There is about 1 to 2 centimetres of room with which you have to reach from the base of the stick to undo a nut on each of the 6 screws holding the compartent down on the faceplate.  You cant fit a wrench/crescent/etc down the gap so you have to use plyers to unwind the nuts.  This is why I find the TE's easier to get into.  Unwind the 6 screws on top with an allan key and youre away.

Its easy to getinto I spose... just it takes time.

Talking about modding sticks... Hey Mael!!! Any word on the arrival time for tthose plexis we ordered?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

dejct

Its pretty fast to open if you have the right tools :P You can fully open the top and flip it up without much trouble :P if anyone has any questions send me a message!

HoneyBadger

Are you sure you're not getting paid? Just tell me the secret word I have to use in my order so you get your $$
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

dejct

Lol, nah man not getting paid. Just got the stick and i need to recommend it to everyone out there who needs one. Madcatz is a crappy company in my opinion. I also would like Stan from Firstgames to get some sales, after all importing these boys took him a while to sort out. There is even talk about sourcing Sanwa parts aswell, so lets help this guy out!

maelgrim

I got the shipping notification Monday, so I would assume 1 - 2 weeks from then.
I have a tracking number CQ667324755US (USPS).

And I agree on opening up the HRAP3 - no way in 2 mins bud, yes its way easier to mod than other sticks (that have soldered buttons), but the TE is even easier.

@Weazzy - you might want to check again coz whenever I try (today) shipping is $81 U.S (& $128 for 2).
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

dejct

Ok 2 mins to mod if you dont include the opening up, theres only a few screws lol. When i recieved my buttons took me about 5 mins to full change them and the ball. No shit lol

maelgrim

Then you are pretty lucky, those quick release connections turned out to be anything but in my stick :) and i'm not the only one.
But yes it is a great stick.

dejct

Hahaha that sucks man, what kind of stick you using?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: maelgrim on August 19, 2009, 05:37:53 PM
I got the shipping notification Monday, so I would assume 1 - 2 weeks from then.
I have a tracking number CQ667324755US (USPS).

And I agree on opening up the HRAP3 - no way in 2 mins bud, yes its way easier to mod than other sticks (that have soldered buttons), but the TE is even easier.

@Weazzy - you might want to check again coz whenever I try (today) shipping is $81 U.S (& $128 for 2).
Oh my bad, i was talking about the capcom store