• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

CptMunta's post SF4 09 tourney Highlight Promo type vid!

Started by CptMunta, August 24, 2009, 10:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Ok I thought I'd make thread for this since there are some more tidbits and footage for people who didn't make it to the event:

Turn your volume up LOUD!

Had a real good time making it. Took AGES though almost a week. Getting everything in time was a pain in the ass. And kept forgetting sponsers etc... Epic 5 mins long so make a cuppa while it loads and come back and enjoy. :)

Kind o like the whole basement fight club Shaky cam styles now.Also tryed to add to the grittiness here and there with filters blackouts etc. All in time to Battles!

Quite a few cameos from the NZism locals and celebs hope you don't mind. No softfiltering faces here. It's not crimewatch!

Feel free Alan, Andy and Lenny to use this in future promos.

Maybe I should make a team tourney one. (Wouldn't mind more footage though, could use Xlan too)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CrazyMobius

Those some awesome battles!

EDIT: Also love how my fuck up against Matt is immortalized as the last clip of the tourney. lol.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

You Marc are the fucken MAN!

Also.... I forgot all about buttonmashers in the start up of the vids :'(

You have some very awesome talent and patience to make that vid bro!! :D

EDIT: Also, who are those two gangsta niggers at the start!  Damn you rat bastards playing HF at the domestic terminal :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man that shit is gangsta yo, i lold when i saw Mark wake up ultra Gino and then it went for ages, i was like ''push start man, skip iiiiiittttt''
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CptMunta

Quote from: CrazyMobius on August 24, 2009, 10:31:17 PM
Those some awesome battles!

EDIT: Also love how my fuck up against Matt is immortalized as the last clip of the tourney. lol.

Yeah sorry about that. Alot of matches I caught were 2nd round comebacks (Mine included) *Ducks Blanka ball from Gino*. So most of the sick stuff was stuff from people who actually lost.
Was basically trying to get stuff that fit with the music. Also final round was so tense and close alot of the time so not many made into the final cut.

Also drew out the Ultra as well just since it fitted so well. Gino I did make sure to get your sick combo on my Bison in the vid though.

Sad I didn't catch any Fuerte/Sakura action in the vid though. Next time :)

As for Lenny and Piccolo playing Hyper it just seemed to fit so well and kind of tided into how dedicated we all are to this game after 15-20 years of playtime and where the scene is at right now.

stereomonkey

Quote from: CptMunta on August 24, 2009, 11:23:00 PM
As for Lenny and Piccolo playing Hyper it just seemed to fit so well and kind of tided into how dedicated we all are to this game after 15-20 years of playtime and where the scene is at right now.

Yeah, it was a nice touch.  Lol at the end :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Not too shabby. The sponsor logos at the start each probably held on screen a bit much. But dont take my nitpicking to heart. Its what i do for a living when im not watching Days of our lives. But editing at TVNZ(read: putting NZOA badges on ancient episodes of 'bumble')is a lot less interesting than a SF tourney.

The coolest thing ive done is blur out a dudes wang on a documentary about obscure piercings. >_>

What programme do you use to edit? Im looking into getting my own setup at home so i can start freelance work. I want FCP, but that shit is EXPENSIVE.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

3:41 -> 3:43. If you watch it closely, you could see Dhalsim's expression in slow motion when E.Honda did the ultra. His face was so hilarious.

Dhalsim : EX YOGA FLAMEEEeeeezzzhhHiiiiTTT !!!!

Hydro

Fuckin awesome Marc bro.

Man, that's a mean effort my friend, already makes me keen as for the next tourney :D

And you even got the Mobius vs Lightweight UUUUULLLLLTTTTRRRRRAAAAA by Honda!!!

EPIC.

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 24, 2009, 11:53:29 PM
The coolest thing ive done is blur out a dudes wang on a documentary about obscure piercings. >_>

Bro... you say that is the coolest thing you've done...?

What programme do you use to edit? Im looking into getting my own setup at home so i can start freelance work. I want FCP, but that shit is EXPENSIVE.

FCP via TPB!! :D

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 25, 2009, 12:19:26 AM
3:41 -> 3:43. If you watch it closely, you could see Dhalsim's expression in slow motion when E.Honda did the ultra. His face was so hilarious.

Dhalsim : EX YOGA FLAMEEEeeeezzzhhHiiiiTTT !!!!
Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 25, 2009, 07:32:40 AM
And you even got the Mobius vs Lightweight UUUUULLLLLTTTTRRRRRAAAAA by Honda!!!

EPIC.

LOLTIMES!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 25, 2009, 08:35:45 AM

Man thats way better than editing Girls Gone Wild.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CptMunta

Not too shabby. The sponsor logos at the start each probably held on screen a bit much. But dont take my nitpicking to heart. Its what i do for a living when im not watching Days of our lives. But editing at TVNZ(read: putting NZOA badges on ancient episodes of 'bumble')is a lot less interesting than a SF tourney.

Thanks for the crit man. I've been using the same program since I left Natcoll with it in 98/99 Adobe Premiere 6 Also rocking a wee bit of after effects on the side. I did the diploma in multimedia course way back then and picked up my skills there. All done on my average laptop. (Wish it didn't have a intergrated graphics card)

I've never even touched Final Cut Pro. Everyone says it's the bomb. Like after effects only WAY better.

I guess your using Avid at work? (They used that back in the day dunno if you guys even touch it anymore)

Yeah the Honda Ultra was awesome, I watched through all the footage and say the camera pull away at the end of the round and had found my end piece! That match was so tense.

If I had the time/skill I'd wanna do one for the team tourney. I'd use Saturday Night Slammasters graphics mixed with SF2 sprites. Playing a bit of Ring of Destruction at the mo'  :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CptMunta on August 25, 2009, 08:53:46 AM

Thanks for the crit man. I've been using the same program since I left Natcoll with it in 98/99 Adobe Premiere 6 Also rocking a wee bit of after effects on the side. I did the diploma in multimedia course way back then and picked up my skills there. All done on my average laptop. (Wish it didn't have a intergrated graphics card)

I've never even touched Final Cut Pro. Everyone says it's the bomb. Like after effects only WAY better.

I guess your using Avid at work? (They used that back in the day dunno if you guys even touch it anymore)

Yeah the Honda Ultra was awesome, I watched through all the footage and say the camera pull away at the end of the round and had found my end piece! That match was so tense.

If I had the time/skill I'd wanna do one for the team tourney. I'd use Saturday Night Slammasters graphics mixed with SF2 sprites. Playing a bit of Ring of Destruction at the mo'  :)

I trained on avid when i was doing my degree at AUT. I know that shit inside out. At work we are using FCP for all the edits for TVNZ 6 & 7. The News and promos departments use avid and FCP as well. No secret that i want to scab a job there.

But comparing Avid to FCP is retarded. They both do the same thing, but what you can do in 2 clicks on FCP takes half an hour on avid, as you navigate various menus and options.

I had a feeling it might have been Premiere. TBH its probably the one i have looked into the least. I might look at some pricing and options today.

And as for the rest of you. The 'coolest thing ive done' comment was true. If a little bit sarcastic. Its not cool because its a dudes schlanger, but its the coolest thing ive done at work from an edit standpoint. I miss uni because i could just do cool shit. But yea, just thank your lucky stars i managed to shield the world from the 'prince albert/ampalang' combination.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 25, 2009, 10:13:32 AM
I had a feeling it might have been Premiere. TBH its probably the one i have looked into the least. I might look at some pricing and options today.

i have a dirty pirate copy if youre interested.