• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

My HRAP3 w/ ART

Started by maelgrim, August 26, 2009, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

Here it is with the new plexi & art that arrived this week.
The start & select are Hori & don't fit well - soon to be replaced with Sanwa (& better colours).

Also the Red balltop will be replaced with one of those nice seimitsu transparent swirly ones.

You might not be able to see but the plexi has the PS3 button symbols etched beside each button.

sorry about this pic, tad blurry as camera was handheld in rubbish light.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

stereomonkey

I DEMAND A BETTER PHOTO!!  so I can see the etching dude ;)

Nice job maelgrim!  Where is the image from, looks final fantasy/ vampire hunter D styles.

Doh, I think I jizzed...
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

maelgrim

Damn just put the camera away :)
I'll get a better shot tomorrow in some natural light.

But yeah its fantasy - the pic is by John Howe who is more famous for his Lord of The Rings art (including being a concept artist for PJ's films).

I didn't have to do much as I got Art (the guy's name) to cut the image to match the plexi top. Will & Lenny also got some Plexi's so will be cool to see what they do.

edit. here is the site for those interested
http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

stereomonkey

Quote from: maelgrim on August 26, 2009, 06:39:01 PM

Damn just put the camera away :)
I'll get a better shot tomorrow in some natural light.

But yeah its fantasy - the pic is by John Howe who is more famous for his Lord of The Rings art (including being a concept artist for PJ's films).

I didn't have to do much as I got Art (the guy's name) to cut the image to match the plexi top. Will & Lenny also got some Plexi's so will be cool to see what they do.

Nice connections bro.  Did you buy him a drink afterwards ;)

Cannot wait to see Will and Lenny's customs.  Lenny, you busting out the spongebob? ;D

Will

Daym looks nice, Ive still got to get artwork done, have a few ideas in mind. How did you go with the joystick? Cause there is a screw plate underneath the TE panel which isnt on the plexi so im just wondering about that, ive seen a pic of a HRAP with a thick piece of plexi with holes drilled into it and place under it, dont really want to get that done tho.
Learning....

maelgrim

The stick is the original HRAP Sanwa JLF.
Once HRAP opened up you can stick a screw driver into the bottom of the stick (for leverage) and then the ball will just screw off nice n easy.
Then you can slide your art & plexi over the top without the ball getting in the way.
The plexi sits on top of the orginal top plate - so the edges are no longer flush with the base - but no problem.

Anyway here is ART's instructions
http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=about&sub=covers

Also here is a pic on ART's site of the button etching
http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=about&sub=custom

Will

Ahhh yes I get it now, ill have to look around now for some ideas on artwork before I get into taking my stick apart, this could take awhile  ;D  :P
Learning....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nice job Mael.

Bill approves.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 26, 2009, 09:29:06 PM
Nice job Mael.

Bill approves.

You approve of editing wangs to become a child molester...  I dont think thats good man!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 26, 2009, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 26, 2009, 09:29:06 PM
Nice job Mael.

Bill approves.

You approve of editing wangs to become a child molester...  I dont think thats good man!

For a Mod, you sure do jack a lot of topics. Nearly as many as i do. :P

My sacrifice is the country's gain. Im nothing if not a patriot.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Yeah, gotta stop jumping to the opportunity.  Lol

Anyway, get those sticks completed up up here guys :D

dejct

Hey man, i tried to do art on mine and couldnt get a sweet place to print it out properly. Where abouts did you do it and would you be able to print on for me?
PSN: dejct

maelgrim

Quote from: dejct on August 27, 2009, 04:12:05 PM
Hey man, i tried to do art on mine and couldnt get a sweet place to print it out properly. Where abouts did you do it and would you be able to print on for me?

I got it printed at the same place I got the plexi (so I knew it would be cut properly to match).
However there should be plenty of local printing companies that would have no problems doing what you need.

dejct

Where abouts did you get them done?
PSN: dejct

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness