• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism TekkenDR Hamilton - 24/03 Post-tourney discussion

Started by fluxcore, March 24, 2007, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Thanks everyone that came along today, it all went pretty smoothly. Watch this site for info on the next tourney... (monthlies can you say?) Unfortunately I had no equipment to record the matches, but I'll try to sort something out for next time.

RESULTS

1st: Jerry "Coldfire"
2nd: Jason
3rd: Jamie "Zarzobnz"

Triple J taking the whole pot... with notable Auckland infiltration from Jamie! Thanks for taking the time to come, hope you found it worthwhile... drag some more peeps next time! :D

With Gino coming in 4th :D

I'll put the bracket up later so you guys can see the full story.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

More info: Jerry beat Jason 2-1 to win the winners Bracket
Jason beat Jamie 2-0 to win the losers bracket
Jerry beat Jason 2-1 in the Grand Finals

If anyone has any questions on the format or anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Also, feel free to chat about the tourney...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

I thought it was a good turnout.
Some pretty intense matches as well!

fluxcore

Wugga

I did end up stopping by, but it was well underway I think, and I had friends who wanted to go elsewhere, so I couldn't just hang out. Plus I'm too cheap to play arcade games.   :-[
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

coldfire

Thanks to fluxcore for organising this tournament. It was well-run, with more people entered than I expected. (Although there were still a few missing... slackers...)

Sorry for not sticking around longer. After the tournament was over, the 4 of us (Jamie, Jason, Steven and me) decided to go to my friends house for some PS3 + DR whorage (1:30PM til now... too much @.@").

Thanks to fluxcore (Alan), TimeZone Hamilton manager (Steve) and everyone who turned up today. m(_ _)m

Wugga

Hey Flux, can I get a blank of that tournament tree?
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

Quote from: Wugga on March 28, 2007, 04:04:38 PM
Hey Flux, can I get a blank of that tournament tree?

Sure thing... I took them from http://foosballheaven.com/misc/foosbrackets.html - I actually printed them out, blew them up to A3 for the tourney bracket. Good description of how the brackets work there, too.

Quote from: coldfire
Thanks to fluxcore (Alan), TimeZone Hamilton manager (Steve) and everyone who turned up today. m(_ _)m

Absolutely my pleasure... hope we get an even bigger group next time! Enjoy your credit :D

--flux

Coddfish

Thanks to that tournament tree, I finally understand how double elimination works!

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on March 28, 2007, 06:12:56 PM
Thanks to that tournament tree, I finally understand how double elimination works!

Yeah, it's a really good explanation. Pretty cunning how it all works, too... there's a strange beauty to a double elim bracket printed out in massive size (or maybe I'm just weird?)

--flux