• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

4 interlinked Street Fighta 4 machines at Yifans = piledriver madness

Started by DVS, September 08, 2009, 03:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Quote from: Will on September 09, 2009, 03:01:00 PM
Its pretty wicked, played a few. Got whipe by mobius Guile, cant play against guile for shit haha need more prac once my box comes back. I didnt know people are worried about the reso on the screens, doesnt effect shit so dont know why people worry.

Yea, I didn't used to have problem against Guile...dude only has two moves...if he's not throwing a sonic boom..he's usaully thinking about throwing one...if not that then a flash kick.... I have noticed that he has awesome recovery on his Sonic boom even from close range -hurricaning through (Ryu) sometimes scores you a knock down, but Mobius is onto that one....It's horrible being stuck in the corner with Guile wailing on ya..that air throw eats pretty much everything airbourne and your back in the corner again....had my virtual teeth kicked in yesterday

Res doesn't bother me -I think the new set up is choice....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CrazyMobius

Its pretty wicked, played a few. Got whipe by mobius Guile, cant play against guile for shit haha need more prac once my box comes back. I didnt know people are worried about the reso on the screens, doesnt effect shit so dont know why people worry.

;D Whoops! Sorry about that!

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 09, 2009, 10:48:47 AM
Quote from: CptMunta on September 08, 2009, 10:43:12 PM

Are they just Large SD LCD screens or some other weird reason why SF4 isn't in HD?

I asked the dude there and he said that he could get them to look nice but it would affect the lag.

Seriously though dudes once you either A) get used to it or B) get over it, it's not an issue.

I'll be down there today for mininum waiting madness.

Ahh that makes sense. Dunno why they don't just chuck them back into the old sit down cabs if they are worried about lag.

I choose to get used to it but it definitely affects my gameplay. Makes it a headache to judge certain crossups and a pain to judge distances on important stuff like ultraing thru fireballs and focus attacks.

DVS

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 09, 2009, 03:51:28 PM

;D Whoops! Sorry about that!

Haha no your not!....it's funny because you actually looked lke that  ;D face after I played you yesterday....one of these days...haha

[NIUE]iRONSoL

the setup is pretty cool. more games and less waiting. choice :)

iMagneto felt some mike ross honda :P
pringles

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Toomeke on September 09, 2009, 05:18:10 PM

I choose to get used to it but it definitely affects my gameplay. Makes it a headache to judge certain crossups and a pain to judge distances on important stuff like ultraing thru fireballs and focus attacks.

Ah don't worry about it. It's just some good fun! I'm sure there are a lotta peeps down there looking out for some boxer exhibition matches!  ;D

massi4h

I remember in Singapore there was a big sign on the machines specifically saying "all the machines are in 1280x720p" lol, guess they all care about this stuff too. I don't really mind tbh and I'd rather a bit of bad graphics, then a bit of bad lag.

*Coming from a guy who prefers CS1.6 to Source

Will

Learning....

HoneyBadger

Quote from: massi4h on September 09, 2009, 09:20:21 PM
I remember in Singapore there was a big sign on the machines specifically saying "all the machines are in 1280x720p" lol, guess they all care about this stuff too. I don't really mind tbh and I'd rather a bit of bad graphics, then a bit of bad lag.

Yeah, you say that like it's weird. I don't know any good player who prefers source =/
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: Smoof on September 10, 2009, 09:26:04 AM
Quote from: massi4h on September 09, 2009, 09:20:21 PM

Yeah, you say that like it's weird. I don't know any good player who prefers source =/

coz they are gay, only PRO's play 1.6 :) eg ME!!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

DVS

ATTENTION ALL:

Screen rez has been fixed at Yifans -looks a shit ton better than before and doesn't seem to have any lag at all even when playing interlinked....

If you'd like a second opinion ask Kevin or Simon who are currently ripping it up down at Yifans.....

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

DVS

Quote from: zosla on September 10, 2009, 02:11:47 PM
Kevin yes.. simon... NO

Well I guess theres no way to please everyone.....like it or lump it. I reckon it's heaps better  ::)

Will

Learning....