• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVS

Geez BARN, Sagat's always been fun to use....He was pretty sweet in the Alpha series & in SNK Vs C2....this incarnation is pretty cool also....don't hate -participate!  Cool
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Barnstorm

i duno this was basically street fighter 2 upgraded so the majority of the cast play like their older iterations

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Wow, i didnt know sf2 was THAT awesome lols.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

fluxcore

imo hf is so much more exciting and fun to play...

whooops, off-topic (self-flagellate)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Looks like they buffed Fuertes damage on his Guacamole Leg Throw.

The bar at the top is J.hp -> S.Hk -> Hk Guac done on balrog in current SF4. The one at the bottom is the same combo done in SSF4. (I know its the leg throw, because following screenshots of damage coming solely off of his J.hp, s.hk, and s.hp dont increase the difference between the two any further.)

Its not much, but ill take it. Hopefully theres a bit more damage on his other specials (ie. run options) as well.

And ive been thinking more about his  2nd ultra. I read somewhere that it has 3 frames of startup. Akumas demon has 4 iirc? (could be wrong. dont know enough about akuma) Does that mean youre going to be able to jump out of Fuertes AFTER the ultra flash, same as the demon? Thats...kind of lame. How many frames on jumps anyway?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Bill: GREAT COMPARISON, looks like an additional 40 scaled damage! Also there's 3-4 frame start up on jumps, depends on character. Dhalsim is the longest at 5, I think dictator is the lowest at 3? Could be off a little.

Lennysaurus

Bro a three frame unblockable ultra that travels acroos the screen is pretty epic.

Dont whiff any normals in front of Fuerte.  And any poke that is more than -3 on block is now ultra bait bro.  I think that its a great ultra, and it will help stop people poking him out so much.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 15, 2010, 08:00:14 AM
Bro a three frame unblockable ultra that travels acroos the screen is pretty epic.

Dont whiff any normals in front of Fuerte.  And any poke that is more than -3 on block is now ultra bait bro.  I think that its a great ultra, and it will help stop people poking him out so much.

Aww bro dont get me wrong. I think its awesome.

I was just thinking for the purpose of say, an RSLowforward blockstring -> Stop -> Ultra. Or even EX run -> Stop -> Ultra. I kinda want to be able to be a cunt with those setups. More gimmicks makes Birry a happy Wong. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: hydrokinesis on January 15, 2010, 07:48:37 AM
Bill: GREAT COMPARISON, looks like an additional 40 scaled damage! Also there's 3-4 frame start up on jumps, depends on character. Dhalsim is the longest at 5, I think dictator is the lowest at 3? Could be off a little.

IIRC, Everyone besides Dhalsim and Zangief have 4 pre-jump frames. Zangief has 6 and Dhalsim has 3, but none of that matters, since pre-jump frames aren't throwable anyway. Assuming Ultra II is a throw (has this been confirmed ?) then you could be point blank and still jump out after the flash.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Yeah, and jumping all the time to escape a potential 3 frame ultra while being poked is a really grrrrreaaat idea...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Gah. I didnt even stop to think about the fact that pre-jump frames weren't throwable. Fuck, what a muppet.

Meh. Im not that fussed, since its still going to be useful. I just got greedy for a high-damage unnecessary additional mixup opportunity.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 15, 2010, 09:59:51 AM
I just got greedy for a high-damage unnecessary additional mixup opportunity.

Who doesn't ? lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 15, 2010, 09:59:51 AM
Gah. I didnt even stop to think about the fact that pre-jump frames weren't throwable. Fuck, what a muppet.

Meh. Im not that fussed, since its still going to be useful. I just got greedy for a high-damage unnecessary additional mixup opportunity.

Was I correct in hearing it's a qcb, qcb + KKK motion? If so, coolness.

CrazyMobius

I really hope they release some sort of book in English with the frame data and move lists. I think Prima did one for the first SF4.

I'll definitely get one if they release it for Super! ;D