• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

xpunch

that was a pretty good read not much about rog tho, but il find a way to use his U2 muhahaha . and he says dudley = no1 dayyym. also it says rose is pretty solid might even be a beast lucky basssstd munta  ;D

good find bro, some good info's  ;)

stereomonkey

QuoteHakan - Seems OK at first. Looks like hellboy red and is kinda fat. Has spiky hair. Has a 360 move where he puts you in his arms and sqeezes you out with oil slicked body. you fly across the screen at a 45 degree angle. He can slide along the ground face first and hit punch during for a followup (only when oiled up). Has an air grab where he belly flops. DP+K puts on more oil.
He takes out both hands and dumps oil on himself and it looks funny. He then glows white. When he has oil, he is 200% better. putting oil on takes half a second, and its duration based. EX oil lasts a long time. In non-oil mode, he is like gief. When he is in Oil Mode, he can chain everything, like c.lk x4 into mp. Moves in oil mode have more range, including 360. Front and backdash are better in oil mode too. All of his pokes have neutral and toward versions. Has a 'trap' ultra, where he lays down, and if you step on him, he grabs you. You cannot touch him at all, even if not attacking. You slip on his stomach like its ice. Then he 69s you as you slide along the ground and you fly out his buttocks.

The 2nd ultra is comedy as well. 720 motion, throws you up in the air and you board the OIL COASTER. You ride him going around his body till you are ejected into a wall at the end.

His super is double fireball with kick. Its a leaping grab thats crouchable, like Alex DDT he leaps at you.

Wow, that is pretty interesting.

Also, why take away Gen's MK>Hands and give him no chain combos?  He seems to be the worst character to get nerfed so far.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

...doesn't sound good. How can you be hype for those changes?

or as kuroko would say:

... horrible atmosphere
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Those changes don't seem right. Like, that whole list reeks of mrwizard not actually being able to do stuff, and then claiming it doesn't exist. Eg. Said ibukis slide doesn't go under fireballs, despite there being a recent video where it DOES. And there were a lot of nerfs listed, despite capcom saying noone outside of ryu/sagat/akuma were getting nerfed. Its a nice start though. Be interesting to see how people react when it's released. I just hope Dudley isn't more broken than sagat. Making a cool character lame = fail. Case/point -> sf4 sagat.

The hakan stuff is really interesting. If the key to the match is keeping him out of oil mode, then you need to be agressive, but if non oil mode is like gief, then you do NOT want to be doing that. All in all, it's an interesting list, most of which I'm sure is true, but a lot of it I'm going to take with a grain of salt until the actual release.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

we will see once the game releases, no point really debating about it.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on March 11, 2010, 07:20:20 AM
...doesn't sound good. How can you be hype for those changes?

or as kuroko would say:

... horrible atmosphere

Not hype, just interesting at the least.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

And according to buktooth fuerte seems completely unchanged, and im inclined to believe him over mrwizard.

Bill = sadpanda.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=228252
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

moose!

Yuri's stance is bugging me in videos so far, in crouching to standing animation I keep thinking it looks like she's kicking  :-\

Always hated Cody but I really like that his cr.strong is exactly like Q's (crouching elbow and creeps forward), I love that normal.

budafist

I thought they said that instead of nerfing strong charcacters, they were gona buff the weaker ones.
from reading these reports, it seems like they've taken a whole lot away from characters that were mid/low tier allready.

it's also dawned on me again how much fucking time this game is going to steal from me.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

DVS

As predicted it also seems like counter Ultras (Cammy, Fei Long) are also a joke -normal breakers apply.....

I however happy about adjustments to Rose......Mr Wizard even uses the word 'powerful' to discribe her.....jizz..... :P

Looks like thy've gone back on a lot of Akuma nerfs aswell.....links into his U2 are a bit weird tho....well the whole U2 weird as well..... ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I dont think theyve taken back the akuma nerfs per say, i just think the Akuma community drastically overestimated them.

Its hard to react to MrWizards impressions, since they seem to conflict with what capcom have been saying the whole time.

Nerf Gen? Really?

As far as rose goes, she probably is fairly strong now. And i like how her second ultra is shaping up.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

There still is the Hk whiffs on pretty much anyone crouching iirc. Which was one of the main nerfs on that part. But Gen got completely fucked over. I don't know why they'd do that.