• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Thats probably not a bad guess, but this paragraph seems like fucking bullshit.

"The listing has the game set for release on March 23, 2010 and will cost you $39.99, $10 more than the regular edition"

MORE than the regular edition? Thats not what capcom said.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

I wasn't aware the regular version was only $30
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

I think that's the regular edition at discounted price. They didn't say 'cheaper than regular edition', they said 'less than full price'.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

So Capcom Fight Club is over. There was a stream, apparently it was ass. I only caught the end of it.

Only Justin and Marn even touched SSF4 (BTW no footage of the game in these vids)

Marn on T-Hawk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY-RPfpJ1gQ

Justin Wong on Deejay and Juri:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFdKpehDh2c

Apparently there were half vanilla SF4 and half TVC setups. Only one setup for SSF4 with only Marn, Wong and S-kill playing it.

Sounds like they just wanted to get Street Fighter people into TvC. If you had the choice between a game you played or own or a new game you haven't played.......

Rumors going round that S-Kill said there will be no SF3 characters in Super. I call bullshit on that one. Probably just a Chat troll in the stream.

A bit of a let down. Thought the randoms would get a crack at playing the new characters and report back like they have in the past Fight Clubs. At least the punters got some cool swag.

Edit: Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8aZDg8mRXE
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Aww man T. Hawks moves look dumb as, his fucking super looks better than his ultra. His FA is lacking in range to the days for a grappler, man i hope they change him, not only does his dive not belong , but they gave the cunt another fucking one, omfg.

Juri looks mean as her super looks bad and she has decent combos aswell as ultra launchers, and i might be wrong but i'm sure i saw a high and low projectile, zoning master and rush down? She'll probably be another chun li anyways, with dodgy ultra set ups like Viper leaving he bent over with her pants down if she fucks up the ultra combo.

DJ looks cool too.

edit: Just watched cpt muntas link. DJ has a ex move that crumples, fuck thats gonna own.  Damn juri's projectile looks like Dans mean as one, cool!!! (sarcasm).

J, wong gots hoes.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

I dunno I feel like weazzy but FUCK EYAHJ EHIBIGGALYY TYEAH!!!!!!

[8-----D] Toots

Man I dont like the direction they are going in with the new characters. Seems like they want everyone to be able to combo into ultra easily for stupid damage. Not keen.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on October 23, 2009, 09:17:39 PM
I dunno I feel like weazzy but FUCK EYAHJ EHIBIGGALYY TYEAH!!!!!!
LOL, watch out bro that shit can be addictive, or so i hear... ugh hm.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Toomeke on October 23, 2009, 11:04:15 PM
Man I dont like the direction they are going in with the new characters. Seems like they want everyone to be able to combo into ultra easily for stupid damage. Not keen.
Wow really? I guess everyone IS different.

I reckon without a combo into super/ultra for big damage, the game would be quite boring imo. Also those American commentaries we love so much would also be boring. Unless you had something else in mind, or i'm missing something here.

edit: Ohh i think i know what your talking about, that ex something kick that Dee Jay has that leads to a crumple, yeah thats fucked up. You can combo into it and Ultra off of it. Juri's is pretty much normal though like chuns mid air target combo > ultra, except the recovery frames when she whiffs/blocks it is like vipers/kens/goukens, like 10 mins recovery. Which is not good for the random throw outs lol.