• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

selectable ultras is the shit ;D it better be in the game

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

DVS

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 15, 2009, 12:24:33 PM
Meter in Alpha was used for so much more than supers whereas ultra meter is just ultra meter.

Yup all too true, still haven't figured out what they've done to the Ultra meter in Super...to me it looks like you have the use of one until it passes over the middle point of the meter then you have access to the other one...if that is the case that would be cool....you could use both but only when the timing in the game is right....

Dunno just thinking out loud.... ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

electric

Quote from: DVS on December 15, 2009, 01:25:00 PM
Yup all too true, still haven't figured out what they've done to the Ultra meter in Super...to me it looks like you have the use of one until it passes over the middle point of the meter then you have access to the other one...if that is the case that would be cool....you could use both but only when the timing in the game is right....

They'll be selectable... take a look at screen shots of Juri in action... There are roman numerals indicating which ultra has been selected -- there are also shots of both meters being at "max" (e.g. T.Hawk max meter, Juri max meter, but both have different numerals), which throws the theory of "once it goes past the half way point, both are available"

There was also a screen shot of adons ultra meter in a recent build (presumably) which has the name of the ultra above the bar as well
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

DVS

Quote from: electric on December 15, 2009, 01:39:53 PM
Quote from: DVS on December 15, 2009, 01:25:00 PM

They'll be selectable... take a look at screen shots of Juri in action... There are roman numerals indicating which ultra has been selected -- there are also shots of both meters being at "max" (e.g. T.Hawk max meter, Juri max meter, but both have different numerals), which throws the theory of "once it goes past the half way point, both are available"

There was also a screen shot of adons ultra meter in a recent build (presumably) which has the name of the ultra above the bar as well

Oh really  :( I liked that idea....just don't want it to echo third strike....I'm not a huge fan....

samurai black

i dont see a problem with the chance of selectable ultras.

DVS

Quote from: samurai black on December 15, 2009, 01:58:52 PM
i dont see a problem with the chance of selectable ultras.

Won't be a huuuuge problem....just used to having access to everything after years of playing Alpha.....not used to having to choose...never played third strike didn't feel like Street Fighter to me....

samurai black

i personally love 3S, so much more than sf4.

'sides, sf4 got alot of 3S mechanics. all thats really missing are the UOHs and parry.

Barnstorm

Quote from: samurai black on December 15, 2009, 02:41:12 PM

'sides, sf4 got alot of 3S mechanics. all thats really missing are the UOHs and parry.

and sucking balls

electric

Quote from: samurai black on December 15, 2009, 02:41:12 PM

Edit: And the *bazillions* of juggles
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

i see plenty of FADC juggles.

just cause the the twins arent there and theres no dudley.

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

DVS

3S is balls - having parry excludes people who don't know how to....you can't just pick it up and play, you have to study everyones moves and how to parry them....no casual play against your mates....Sf4 is easy for non stf heads to pick up and enjoy...if you want more depth it's also there, but not crazy off the hook depth like straight away....

Just what I've found anyway.... ::)

samurai black

so the gist is, because you cant parry you think 3S is bolo.

parrying is not essential to 3S. granted, its handy as fuck and opens up all sorts of shenanigans at higher levels, but you dont need to be parry master to get into at all on a casual level. maybe too many schmucks expecting to be like daigo at evo right off the bat.

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA