• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

Barnstorm

Quote from: samurai black on December 15, 2009, 03:09:18 PM
so the gist is, because you cant parry you think 3S is bolo.

parrying is not essential to 3S. granted, its handy as fuck and opens up all sorts of shenanigans at higher levels, but you dont need to be parry master to get into at all on a casual level. maybe too many schmucks expecting to be like daigo at evo right off the bat.

its just like t6 win the whole time opponent guesses right/gets lucky goodbye 50%

HoneyBadger

Nigga get some skills and stop getting hit by that shin shoryuken  ::)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Barnstorm

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 15, 2009, 03:29:54 PM
Nigga get some skills and stop getting hit by that shin shoryuken  ::)

who gets hit by that when you can parry

HoneyBadger

You, when those magical 50%'rs hit you.

MUMMYHALA

Barnstorm

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 15, 2009, 03:37:18 PM
You, when those magical 50%'rs hit you.

i just mean you can random parry then c.lk to super

eg parry at the right time by guessing or by accident and you can score a free super

HoneyBadger

Mash dragon through your combo FADC ultra =/

Also Simon bro, they said they're not going to change any of the mechanics or something along those lines. Looks like you're gonna have to wait till SFV bro =(

MUMMYHALA

DVS

Quote from: samurai black on December 15, 2009, 03:09:18 PM
so the gist is, because you cant parry you think 3S is bolo.

parrying is not essential to 3S. granted, its handy as fuck and opens up all sorts of shenanigans at higher levels, but you dont need to be parry master to get into at all on a casual level. maybe too many schmucks expecting to be like daigo at evo right off the bat.

Haha, yeah I picked up 3S and was pissed that I wasn't like Daigo straight away so I stopped playing in a rage fit....thats exactly what happened..... ::)

Parrying is just mental, I don't know why people giz there pants over it...I'm not saying it's not impressive -just doesn't feel like street fighter....SF4 stripped it down to basic mechanics with a mix of view diffferent things which I liked...I didn't even miss air block....

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 15, 2009, 03:12:41 PM
Don't you like Alpha 3, DVS?

Is that a loaded question? are you fishing?

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 15, 2009, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: DVS on December 15, 2009, 03:02:55 PM
3S is balls - having parry excludes people who don't know how to....you can't just pick it up and play, you have to study everyones moves and how to parry them....no casual play against your mates....Sf4 is easy for non stf heads to pick up and enjoy...if you want more depth it's also there, but not crazy off the hook depth like straight away....

Just what I've found anyway.... ::)

Actually this is one of the reasons where 3S wins over SF4. SF4 is too scrub friendly IMO and on the same hand high level play caters too much towards combos.

Parry as a defense system was superior to the saving system because you could implement it in any situation and counter attack straight away.

Also parrying punished players who "choke" this is probably why many people don't like it. They are getting owned and too shit scared to keep it cool and parry their way out so they choke which stuffs their parries and they eat it.

I've got a feeling that Super (as EVERY SF before has) will get more sophisticated with it being a sequel and the scrubbage will end.

I think that's something to worry about more than whether or not ultra's will be selectable.

I dunno I like beasting scrubs...if it's not scrub friendly it'll cost us more money playing against people who know what their doing all of the time....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

HoneyBadger

I like A3, but all the reasons you're hating on 3S for could be applied to A3 just as easily.

MUMMYHALA

electric

I kinda liked how they just threw out everything and started from scratch with SF3... New characters, new super arts system, new gameplay mechanics...

I thought it was a good game, but I never played it. I would have been happy if SF4 was just 3s with focus instead of parries, and that's it... keep the fancy 3d models, but get rid of ultras... Focus could charge your super meter, or charge an "FADC meter" or something

/brain dump
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

Quote from: DVS on December 15, 2009, 03:54:35 PM
Parrying is just mental, I don't know why people giz there pants over it...I'm not saying it's not impressive -just doesn't feel like street fighter....SF4 stripped it down to basic mechanics with a mix of view diffferent things which I liked...I didn't even miss air block....

basic mechanics my eye, look at those focus shenanigans.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on December 15, 2009, 04:06:50 PM
Quote from: DVS on December 15, 2009, 03:54:35 PM

basic mechanics my eye, look at those focus shenanigans.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

I like 3S and enjoy the parry system.  I don't like the characters though except for a few but can't use them at all... lol.  :-\

SIDE NOTE:  Keep the double and triple post to a minimum (aka one single post should be fine enough for all you posting needs)  Thanks.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

DVS

Quote from: electric on December 15, 2009, 04:05:30 PM
I kinda liked how they just threw out everything and started from scratch with SF3... New characters, new super arts system, new gameplay mechanics...

I thought it was a good game, but I never played it. I would have been happy if SF4 was just 3s with focus instead of parries, and that's it... keep the fancy 3d models, but get rid of ultras... Focus could charge your super meter, or charge an "FADC meter" or something

/brain dump

Interesting ideas....I'd be happy with that.
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

moose!

I can see why a lot of players hate option parrys as a concept in 3S, but it's usually the same people who always lead in with a cr.mk as a poke so you probably deserve what you get.
Which is one thing which makes focus completely different if option FADCs do actually eventuate, if they haven't already (ie. there isn't a high/low option).