• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose!

I'm not even sure if that made sense!

/exits SF4 thread

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Non selectable Ultra's are fucking win, style points, taunt points (If Ultra#2 is weak dmg). And yea like Gene said said, theres a possibilty of counter picking Ultra's ( Actually good if for the right reasons, which well, lets face it, wouldnt happen,*crosses fingers* ). And like I've stated before. Shit Ultra's wont be used if you gotta sacrifice your mainstream Ultra. Unless like Barnstorm said you get sick of a 50 win streak, which might fuck you over if you end up really needing it and regretting trying to show off, unless of course you had both.

Oh and balance is a whole nother topic of it's own, like the height/gender of chars,it's irelavant.

3s looks really cool, and id definitly wana sit down and practice the parrying, I aint scrubbing that shit out nigga. But idk how it plays, it might be seductively deceiving me.....ooo000ooo00. The chars look way better, so there mustve been some significant flaw to it.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

I don't think it will change much if the game had multiple ultras or just on selectable ultra.  In the end you get to use one, maybe two ultras at most in a game so it's not going to effect much.  Also most times when you use a ultra is after you hit confirm, know its going to hit or know its going to make the opponent go into block stun.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 15, 2009, 07:56:05 PM
I don't think it will change much if the game had multiple ultras or just on selectable ultra.  In the end you get to use one, maybe two ultras at most in a game so it's not going to effect much.  Also most times when you use a ultra is after you hit confirm, know its going to hit or know its going to make the opponent go into block stun.
What? Block Stun? Ultra? Wait what?

It's these pills man i'm sorry.

edit: Oh yea, I get it now, if they block you dont for Ultra, so......block confirming.

* looks at pill box * Oh shit one every six hours not six every one hours. Shit why did I take twelve.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 15, 2009, 03:42:22 PM

Actually this is one of the reasons where 3S wins over SF4. SF4 is too scrub friendly IMO and on the same hand high level play caters too much towards combos.

Parry as a defense system was superior to the saving system because you could implement it in any situation and counter attack straight away.

Also parrying punished players who "choke" this is probably why many people don't like it. They are getting owned and too shit scared to keep it cool and parry their way out so they choke which stuffs their parries and they eat it.

my thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

B BOY DRAW2

People still choke in sf4 all the time!!! Parrying has nothing to do with it!
If anything, Focus Attack is more realistic and better utilized. you got one chance to make it count with a Focus Attack...then you see who chokes.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

DVS

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 16, 2009, 07:16:32 AM
Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on December 15, 2009, 11:22:55 PM
If anything, Focus Attack is more realistic and better utilized. you got one chance to make it count with a Focus Attack...then you see who chokes.

No, no you misunderstood. I didn't say parrying causes people to choke, rather that people who choke can't parry.

SF4 on a big part is about baiting and punishing whereas in 3S it was all about developing a fluid attack and using parrying to sustain that attack.

Good points Mobius, I never played 3S (probably the only STF game I didn't play the shit out of). I guess it's all a matter of getting used to the play/ game styles and making it work for you -and against your opponent. It did take me a bit to get used to playing ST4 but like Andy mentioned a while ago it does feel like a "pure" form of STF compared to other forms.
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] weazzyefff

No, no you misunderstood. I didn't say parrying causes people to choke, rather that people who choke can't parry.

SF4 on a big part is about baiting and punishing whereas in 3S it was all about developing a fluid attack and using parrying to sustain that attack.

You can develop a fluid attack in sf4, even with focus attacks, gotta watch out for the monster mash though. The Monnnster mash.

zos'la

3s is not that complicated tbh, I picked the parry system up quiet easily after watching simonfish play... not super pro but enought to parry some supers...
3s is actually a really good SF if you play it enought to make it more interesting.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

B BOY DRAW2

I'm just saying that parrying is a counter to change your defense into an attack. ...you're defensive...than offensive...or remain defensive.
you can't use it during your attack as fluid as focus attack.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on December 16, 2009, 01:52:35 PM

I'm just saying that parrying is a counter to change your defense into an attack. ...you're defensive...than offensive...or remain defensive.
you can't use it during your attack as fluid as focus attack.

Hmm true, so true.

Lennysaurus

Guys,

THis thread is to discuss the Super Street Fighter IV.

If you want to talk about Street Fighter 3 characters that are in/or that you are hoping to be in, that is fine.

If you want to do the following:
-Argue that street Fighter 3 is better/worse
-Tell us about how you like/dislike parries
Take it somewhere else!

Dont make me start deleting your shit!

In other news, I really hope that Makooto is in it.  If her command grab is similar to third strike, and she gets to keep her kick super, shed make for a great combo character.

One thing I am really looking forward to is the redone anime cut scenes though.  The Street Fighter IV ones look atrocious.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Oh true bro...

Yeah apparently there are 4 hours worth of cuts scenes for super  compared to just 1 hour for STF4 :-)with a  new kickarse studio doing the animation -none of shit we had to put up with last time...urgh what the hell were they thinking?.....hopefully the story is 1000 times better than last time as well.

Annoucer sounds gay though from what I've heard.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

I think the announcer has been changed (was a placeholder for the loke tests or something?)

I actually didn't mind the anime cutscenes in SF4, but then I liked the movie that came with the collector's edition too. Along with plenty of other shitty things. As long as Balrog is still rifling through filing cabinets with his boxing gloves on, it's all good.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness