• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Melty Blood Act Cadenza ver.B

Started by !DIABLO GTR!, March 26, 2007, 10:05:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!DIABLO GTR!

(The following post contains 100% biased BS)

You should all start playing it.

Everyone has some form of cheese, that's why ist is balanced.   :)

Bandwagon characters include Nero Chaos, Nanaya Shiki, and of course, Red Arcuied. Perfect characters for people starting out.

PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

fluxcore

I had what I think was the first version on my PC... I dunno, it seemed pretty ridiculous...

It's on ps2 though right?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Zenki

New 2D of Yifans getting popular, it's involving players across many games :D
first PC version sucks, hella unbalanced. Generally getting better as it gets new.

Arcade ver B = refined PS2 ver B so there are minor differences but the PS2 version is close enough for practicing.

I'm so into it now, and tbh cbf'd about GGXX atm since Xbox HG isn't a challenge.

The game is good from easy high damage stuff to hardout manual setups.

Coddfish

I can vouch for this game.

I have it on PS2 (I really need to stop pirating :(. But god, its expensive!), but I haven't played it much. From what I have played, though, its really good.

When I occasionally do play, I usually play Aozaki Aoko, the girl with the jeans and long hair. Bubble traps!

Also, I didn't know they had it at Yifan's?

fluxcore

Haha, I just remembered "Arcade Bumstead" - old 4chan meme... *sighs*

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

Quote from: Coddfish on March 26, 2007, 05:26:29 PM
Also, I didn't know they had it at Yifan's?

its where KoF XI used to be.

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: fluxcore on March 26, 2007, 05:57:57 PM
Haha, I just remembered "Arcade Bumstead" - old 4chan meme... *sighs*

--flux

In before Sion ATARI...
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

fluxcore

fluxcore

Okay, so after watching a combo vid of this, it seems like the damage scaling is pretty hardcore at around 30 hits - so how are the possibilities for resets?

--flux

Zenki

I think KOF XI is removed lol

Scaling depends on what's used within the combo, like GGXX there are different scaling factors for different moves. Usually when doing the "reverse beat" (system allowing C>B, C>A, B>A ie chains that go from strong attack to light attack) it makes the damage scaled a lot (although it's very useful for some characters).

So far I've only got the hang of Satsuki and she does have resets.
I believe there are resets for other characters too.

Coddfish

Forget Aozaki. Hardest character to learn, with the least reward at the end of it.

I choose Akiha Vermillion! Glass cannons are made of win :)
None of the top three interest me, at all =/

The chick with the broom (Kohaku?) seems cool, as does Len.

Couple of questions about the arcade version:

Whats the button setup at Yifans?
A B C
D - Q
As far as I know this is the default arcade setup, so its how I have my controls mapped.

In the PS2 version, each character has 24 (!) colors, selectable when you're choosing your character by pressing triangle. Is it the same in arcade? Or do you just have one per button. As everyone knows, palette is the most important aspect of your character!

On a side note, playing SFA3 MAX makes me feel like playing SFA3 a bit. I play a srubby Rose, probably made worse by me getting to comfortable with the gatling combos that I earned in World Tour mode :D

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on March 27, 2007, 05:12:13 PM
On a side note, playing SFA3 MAX makes me feel like playing SFA3 a bit. I play a srubby Rose, probably made worse by me getting to comfortable with the gatling combos that I earned in World Tour mode :D

I play a pretty marginal V-ism Charlie... used to play X-ism Gen and some other characters but I was basically playing it like SF2.

--flux

Ryan

Quote from: fluxcore on March 27, 2007, 08:04:28 AM
KoF XI = moved or removed? o_O

--flux

Kof XI has just been moved. Next to the Alpha 3 machine.
Someone give me a copy of this game so I can beast you all with Neko Arc.
fighting game noob

Zenki

V Akiha is one of the top tier... she hasn't got much life but her moves, staples, setups and loops are so so so good...

anyway, button setup at Yifans is

A B C
D    E

E is a "noob button" added from arcade ver B. It's like, 4 or 6 + E = throw/air throw, any attack button + E = same as the heat mode execution A+B+C, it makes the simultaneous inputs simple... I think you can do other basic movements but most ppl don't use it anyway... I don't remember the full details.

And arcade ver B you get to choose out of 36 colours, what happens is after you choose a character you select the colour out of 6 rows of 6 colours (change rows with left or right, then choose with up or down + button).

Coddfish

Wow, 36 colors O_O

Capcom/SNK/Sammy: Learn :D

Also, according to the SRK's strategy wiki, the E/Q button (Quick Action) is for:
Throws - 4/6Q
Heat Activation - 5Q
Dodge - 2Q

And yeah. V. Akiha has the worst defense in the game, but the best no-meter damage in the game (apparently). Hence why I called her a "glass cannon" :)
I'm trying to learn her C-623B loop  8)