• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

[Auckland X360 LAN] ConsoLAN #03 - Free Pizza! 31/03

Started by Neongreen, March 26, 2007, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neongreen

Hiya folks,
We're going to be running ConsoLAN #3 at our next event, BGLan #09. It will entail 9 hours of crazy fun, with heaps of fun gaming. ConsoLAN is a Xbox360 System Link party which is run at the same time as our Lan Party events. Last event was our biggest so far ;)

Starts: 11am Saturday, March 31st
Ends: 8pm Saturday, March 31st
Cost: $15 for the day
Capacity: 30 People
Pizza run: 7pm

Pulspace Starleagues are a new national standard set to help organisers and players of all games develop connections with other gamers in a friendly competitive environment, while setting up a framework for large scale competitions with leaderboards, standings and of course, prizes. ConsoLAN is a active participate in the League.

TOURNAMENTS:
Our admins Wugga & MordenNZ will decide on what to run based on numbers.

NETWORK:
Our network consists of 2x 3Com Superstack switches, with full management capabilities. Your ping times will be fantastic and completely unnoticeable. The consoles will be connected to the internet via a low latency connection.

VENUE:
The upstairs Conference Centers at the Apollo Health Centre, on the corner of Apollo Drive and Rosedale Road on the North Shore of Auckland.

So head over to our website - www.bglan.co.nz - and register!

Note: - Max TV/Monitor size is 21", please notify us if you are going to bring something bigger.
- Alochol and Drugs are strictly banned. Smokers need to go OFF premises to smoke, as the Apollo Health Centre is Smokefree and it is illegal to smoke there.

Wugga

I asked Neon to customise the spam a little bit for this particular forum, but I can append what he missed out on saying...
It says "X360 LAN" - but there's no limitation on what consoles can be brought along. Tournaments are run based on popularity and organisational aid (as such, there's always a DOA4 tournament being run whenever I'm in attendance).

Other fighting games suppliable on request:
UMK3 (XBLA)
Street Fighter Hyper Fighting (XBLA)
Street FIghter Anniversary Edition (Xbox)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox)
Capcom vs. SNK 2 (Xbox)
Soul Calibur 2 (Xbox)
Dead or Alive Ultimate [1&2] (Xbox)
Dead Or Alive 3 (Xbox)
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (PS2)
Tekken 5 (PS2)
Soul Calibur 3 (PS2)
Ummm... Naruto Ultimate Ninja (PS2)
And a bunch of Dreamcast games that probably aren't worth mentioning in this day and age.
Important to note is that I only have one X Arcade stick (with one Xbox adapter), and one Hori arcade stick (for the Xbox 360), so if someone wants to completely avoid having to use a gamepad, they'd best bring a stick of their own.
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

Gino

Wugga

fluxcore

The XBOX port is, as I understand it, slightly better than the PS2 port, but inferior to the DC port. However, in the 2d tourney scene in the US there has been a push to use the PS2 port since all their dreamcasts are dying and are impossible to replace. The Xbox port is extremely difficult to find (to the point of being 'rare'), hence the PS2 port usage.

What's the easiest way to use a stick on a Xbox360? Ah crap, I just remembered UMK3 on XBLA doesn't have a button config, so that would be annoying anyway...

Hope everything goes well for you guys!

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

No button config? Man thats shitty.
Alan, we should record some of our umk3 matches for steve. Some of them are pretty cool. Though I bet we will have to turn blood off.

fluxcore

Quote from: glisignoli on March 27, 2007, 09:24:48 AM
No button config? Man thats shitty.
Alan, we should record some of our umk3 matches for steve. Some of them are pretty cool. Though I bet we will have to turn blood off.

whaaaaaat... I don't even know if that's possible? But yeah, I'm definitely down to record some matches. Dunno how's best to do so, VCR would be cheap but then you have to get the footage onto comp somehow... and camcorder is a LITTLE expensive (although I've considered it before)

Any suggestions?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

well for umk3 and ggxx#r we can use pc software (fraps, although I have never used it). I could "borrow" a recorder from work for any console runs. Although a old canon mini-dv cam would be good if I wanted to buy one, they have av inputs that go from say TV->cam->pc.

fluxcore

Quote from: glisignoli on March 27, 2007, 10:09:35 AM
well for umk3 and ggxx#r we can use pc software (fraps, although I have never used it). I could "borrow" a recorder from work for any console runs. Although a old canon mini-dv cam would be good if I wanted to buy one, they have av inputs that go from say TV->cam->pc.

Is there an old one available? As I say, I have considered buying one, I just need to find one for a reasonable price...
Also, with UMK3 the cpu is pretty well utilised so I don't know how that would hinder fraps.
--flux

Gino

Wugga

Yeah, not entirely expecting a huge demand for UMK3, though a couple of dudes I know that are going have been caught playing the odd round in between Gears Of War matches.

fluxcore

I'm actually working this sat (the day of your event) so won't be able to make it. I'd be quite interested in attending your next event though, if you ask around and there are some people that would want to play fighting games... I can definitely run tournies as well if needed. I have... three arcade sticks I could bring, which can be used on PC, Dreamcast, PS2 and XBOX 1 (not sure about 360 - don't know anyone with one).

So presumably it's BYO console... is it also BYO tv?

--flux

Gino

Won't work on 360. unless you want to hack up some more pads...

Wugga

Yeah, 360 controller manufacturing has been locked down since the previous iteration...
It's BYO as far as guaranteeing that you'll have a place for you to play at all times. If you need a TV, I can probably wrangle a crappy 21" jobby, plus there's the games (plus associated consoles) that I can bring along, so long as I'm notified before the event.

Gino