• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

New cheap converters for xbox 360.

Started by rugdoctor, September 23, 2009, 08:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rugdoctor

2 new cheap(ish) ps2/ps1 to xbox360 converters have crept into the market: xconverter 360 & blazepro/blaze converter, if anyone wants me to test anything out on them to help decide whether to get or not, just pm me or I can answer straight up. I have horded most of my ps2/1 stuff so ask away.
All your sticks belong to me!

zos'la

ok noob question :)
any lag on these converters?
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

rugdoctor

No lag was detected (via playing sfiv on the 360) and finicky moves that requires f + light punch or f + medium kick did not cause the character to go walkabouts, like the xfps sniper / maxshooter does.

The main controller I tested both adapters with is the stock namco stick (both white joystick and black joystick assembly versions). I also tested with the ps2 saturn pad, dualshock 1 & 2 pads as well.

Haven't have time to do full analysis via the pc to measure lag, but so far so good.

electric

Another noob question

Is there any converter to go from USB -> xbox 360 compatible USB ? ie. making a PS3 TE stick work on the 360 ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

rugdoctor

unfortunately I dont have any ps3 usb controllers to try that theory out. All available resources would say no. The closest contender for ps3 usb to 360 usb is the xcm crossfire, however, its pricey and drops input.

polenykes

anything so my xbox 360 hori ex2 stick would work in a ps3? or would it work straight up through usb?

fluxcore

Definitely wouldn't work straight up.

AFAIK there aren't any xbox360 -> ps3 converters? You might have to dual mod it...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Wonder how they get the encryption chip from microsoft...

Hella spendy though
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness