• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Papatwotoes - TimeZone @ Hunters Plaza Mall

Started by fluxcore, March 27, 2007, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: waza on September 10, 2010, 11:29:00 AM
I go there now and again gota say the machine is a bit dodgey laggy button presses and all, i guess im just to use to my TE nothing compares to it really. but if anyone is around those ways im always up for a game :-D

come to the ranbats next week and stop beasting your scrub fuerte on lil kids!   ;)
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

Snakey

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on March 30, 2009, 11:24:17 AM
I live not far in Manurewa Bro.  I used to roll to that arcade all the time back when Hai used to manage it.  Hardly ever go there now.

Used to go there for the Tekken, hyper fighting, and alpha 3 tournaments.

Wait WTH?...You knew Hai?... as in Mr. Honda S.2000 Hai?.
That means I have seen you before. Just can't remember when...... Damn.
Every man has a plan.........Until he gets hit.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Snakey on September 10, 2010, 09:33:11 PM

Lol this was years back.  Like almost a decade.

Used to always call Hai a scrub and shit.  He was cool.  Wonder what happened to him.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Snakey

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv] Phoenix Lenny on September 10, 2010, 10:38:01 PM
Lol this was years back.  Like almost a decade.

Used to always call Hai a scrub and shit.  He was cool.  Wonder what happened to him.
'

Yeah he was cool, especially when he tried to trash talk and made no sense at all.
Last I heard he moved back his roots or something like that.
Close to a decade, I was still in college when he was there.

IR U IM B IL E

He was cool. I remember i was a merchandiser and instead of spending most of my time at foodtown, i'd just go to tz to play tekken. I went there so often that i "won" an ipod though some token promo they were having at the time. They already had the winning ticket and just wanted to give it to me lol.

Haha it was cool back then.

Btw, just in case, that never happened...
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Snakey on September 10, 2010, 09:33:11 PM

Then you probably know Hydro too. He played A3 a lot in it's hey Day. Played Gen and Cody. Also I won an Alpha 3 tournament down there once Booyah!

Snakey

Quote from: CrazyMobius on September 11, 2010, 11:26:04 AM
Then you probably know Hydro too. He played A3 a lot in it's hey Day. Played Gen and Cody. Also I won an Alpha 3 tournament down there once Booyah!

There were actually quite a few A3 players there last time I remember. Hydro?....name doesn't ring a bell, probably if I saw him I'd know straight away who he was/is.
Never really was good with names, only with faces.

IR U IM B IL E

So they had a SF4 touney last night and alot of people turned up. Good to see the local SF community. GGs to all.

Shweeeetness, I know i asked you already but will be good if you come to ranbats. Your Rufus is really good, you were hitting that LK to HP link pretty consistently and I reckon you'll improve heaps if you start coming.

I think I might start being a regular again, will try to give tips to the other players who were there if I see them again.

Thanks for telling me about the tourney Waza!

1st place woop woop! 50 tokens and a certificate with my name on it even haha.

massi4h

electric

Aww gay - I would have missioned it out there if I knew it was on :(

Good shit regardless Rumble, you fucking beast hahaha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

IR U IM B IL E

Haha I'll be sure to let you know on the next one. Apparently they've had other tourneys before.

fluxcore

Post it up whenever tourneys happen, I do actually want to have each and every tournament advertised on this site. Not easy finding out about the damned things though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

budafist

I stopped in for a quick game here the other day and this dude challenges, pretty good Guile. Says he's over from Aussie for a wedding.
Turns out he's 'FootsKrazir' he's on my friends list. no doubt you xboxers will have played him.
Was random and good to have some arcade games with an ozzie straight outta xbl.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

karizzma

Ya funny you say that, He is my mates cousin and I was able to fit in a few games with him. Solid guile for sure. Too bad he was only over for a week.

budafist

true, is you mate Jamie by any chance? coz it turned out I know him too.
Yeah I was hoping to get some more offline games in with him, but he was flying ou next time I saw him.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!