• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

GGPO tournament...

Started by fluxcore, October 07, 2009, 07:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Hey guys,

Since everyone has fucked off to play other stupid games, I'm trying to work out ways that I can actually continue to play fighting games somehow, because I kinda still like them. I've got a couple of ideas kicking around, and the first step along the path is to try run a small (8 man max) tournament on GGPO.

Possible games include ST, SFA2, HF, or maybe even 3s (although 3s suffers from the online-ness a fair bit).

The basic idea is that we pick a day or two (weekend?), meet up on the Vent server and play the games. We can spec the games, heckle the competitors and everything.

I want to see what works and doesn't work with this online tourney shit.

Show of interest please.

Currently interested ppl:

• flux
  • stereomonkey
  • toomeke
  • gino
  • smoof
  • massi4h
  • blackstar
  • theDOORS2NIRVANA
  • lennysaurus
  • zosla
  • pinolicious?

Maybe:

• illbill?
  • gunsmoke?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

I propose a WoW tourney....

Nah I fucked off to play 3S but I've never played online so don't know how that shit is gonna go down.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Uh, is that interest? I can't tell.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Too much couscous for smoof...

I am totally interested so lets get the bracket rolling! :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[8-----D] Toots

Put me down for ST/HF. May be keen for 3s...game kinda sucks online tho as you mentioned. What about xmen? Or Vamp Saviour? Would be cool to learn something a bit different

Lennysaurus

Yeah VS would be cool.  Something new that we havent played to death already.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

I'm only doing one game to start with, and it's not going to be VS. No-one knows how to play it.

You want to learn those other games, go right ahead. Doing a tournament for them is just a waste of my time.

Also I didn't realise you were all so sick of all the ST/HF/A2 tournaments that have been running.

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gino

fluxcore

HoneyBadger

Smoof. Put Euan down too, Me and Ben will make him play
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

massi4h

Put me down. And make an xvsf comp lol.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yes hyper fighting please  8)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

fluxcore

Is anyone going to throw their toys around if it's ST for the first one?

No-one seems to have expressed a preference for A2, so I guess the next most likely is HF, if people would prefer that.

[8-----D] Toots