• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

FAN ART

Started by samurai black, October 16, 2009, 11:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Black Mask. Looks like he might be in Arkham City as well.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

yeah, but this is my take on the most recent one black mask II

OG black mask was killed by catwoman :/

CptMunta

I wish clients liked what I wanted to draw sometimes :(

Have to wait till September for a redraft Grrrrrrrrr  >:(

Oh adn found a whole bunch of my first street fighter fanart from 92!!!! Thought it would be funny if we post our first ever Street Fighter fanart. Will post some up this week.  :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

nztauranga

Wish I would have kept that SF2 book I brought in Akl back before balrog or guile were even heard of. The asian book store was not that far from the old Stages arcade centre where the city train stops. The book had a  smooth cover but was written in chinese (mandarin). I paid $100 to have it translated, prick only did 1 page translating. So much for my tauranga hook ups. I sold it two years later to another sf fan for $20 when i was 18, 19 years ago. Fukn time flys!
-work to live not live to work-><>

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CptMunta on May 04, 2011, 12:42:04 PM
I wish clients liked what I wanted to draw sometimes :(

Have to wait till September for a redraft Grrrrrrrrr  >:(

At least you get to draw for a living dude :(

Quote from: CptMunta on May 04, 2011, 12:42:04 PM

Oh adn found a whole bunch of my first street fighter fanart from 92!!!! Thought it would be funny if we post our first ever Street Fighter fanart. Will post some up this week.  :)

Yeah good idea. I don't have my first art as it was thrown away but I got some cool felt tip pen drawings from when I was in intermediate. (1991)

CptMunta

Sadly my Scanners on the fritz :( I'll have to take shitty digicam photos. Found a terribly written Street Fighter 2 fan comic I drew. So, so awesomely bad.

CptMunta

Post your first ever fighting game fanart
The cool thing about this experiment is that you don't even need to be still drawing or an artist to join in. You may have been 5 or 6 and drew ken and ryu battling it out with crayon. Just be interesting to see everyone perspectives on the characters way back in the day.

Found some boxes of old drawings I did of Street Fighter waaaaaay back in 91 when I first played the game. man there were tons of them so I thought I'd post mine up feel free to join in, as you can see, skill definitely isn't the focus here.

Here's the back of my Maths book from 1991:

At this stage of my development I was just making the transition from drawing funnies to drawing more action orientated pieces. I was already a fan of the artwork of final fight so my mind was blown when I saw SF2 WW for the first time. I went to the arcade and studied the sprites and attempted to draw them in maths class. Some laughably bad attempts looking back :D

"Highlights" tranny chun, Jason Vorges Vega, Dildo shaped joysticks

I even attempted a comic in 92' which I stopped after 3 and a half pages. The "story" was scraped together from whatever I could find out from the arcade endings and articles in gaming mags, which is where I got the screenshots to reference the fight scenes which follow the game fight a little too closely lol  :D

Page 1:

Highlights
Mike Haggar's cameo and Ryu being a dick and the fake Japanese signature
Sagat being a dick making his manager cry, massive timestamp sized cellphone in his pocket.
Page 2:

Highlights
Ryu throwing his clothes off in one hand movement
"Jat Jat JAAAA JAT!"
"OooooGAN!"
Page 3:

Highlights
Surprising accurate early dizzy ;)

Highlights
Balrog wears souvenir T-Shirts so everyone knows where he is from
Bison still sporting the commie hat
Man Li
"EEEeeeeYaaKEEen!"

Got bunch of other stuff I might post up later. Hope you guys get some laughs out of it.

Hope you guys have some hidden gems to share :)

Filter

those comics are AMAZING!
that maths book cover is wicked too. Did you used to read british comics like Buster?

I remember doing some flip book animation of guile doing a sonic boom where he changed size all over the place. All that stuff must be at the dump tho. I have some ninja turtle fan art tho haha.

DVS

Munta those are amazing man.....I think NZism now has enuff fanart for a NZism fanbook or calendar, those comics would make mean prints...I'm thinking bed covers and Pj's...haha
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CrazyMobius

Yeah Munta, those comics are really good. The fact that the moves are copied from the game makes them in my opinion. Also the small size of the drawings mirrors the small size of the sprites back then.

IMO those comics kick ass from anything Udon has ever done.

Will scan some of my old drawings today! :D

LN

Ooogan!

Good stuff as always munta :)
There is no knowledge that is not power

CrazyMobius

Hey Munta,
Can you rescan those at a higher resolution? I wanna have a good read.

In other news, I can't find my old pics :(

samurai black

will try and dig up some of my kof doodles from highschool.

best thing i ever did though was the massive VS battle with dave and bill on the desk in art design with fuck loads of characters. all i remembre was juggy bogard though.

t'was a sad day when i came back and found the desk cleaned and the teacher unimpressed :(

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck Miss Thomas that mural was rad.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

What? Did you guys go to school together?