• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

GGPO Tournament 1/11/09

Started by stereomonkey, October 30, 2009, 08:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

GGPO Tournament, 1st of November starting at 12pm.

The game for the tournament is Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.  Can everybody please meet up on either the NZism chat or on Ventrilo at 12pm.  This is to (hopefully) make things run smoothly and give you the chance to comment, talk smack, organize matches etc.  The tournament will start at 1pm to give us enough time to sort out connection problems and other things.

I will post up the bracket here before the tourney starts.  Also if you can please keep an eye on the bracket.  I will be announcing who is fighting who but it would also be great if you guys are able to organize the matches too.

Rules

• 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination.
  • Game Settings: Turbo 2
  • Akuma is the only character banned.
  • The loser of a game may choose to change character.  The winner of the game must stay the same.
  • Hardware macros, rapid-fire, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
  • If there is a disconnection during the round can we please have some honesty on who could be at fault.  If this does happen we will decide what will happen next.
  • If both opponents are not able to connect to each other we will test out their capability on connecting to other combatants.  If this does happen we will decide what will happen next.
  • Spectating will be allowed if both players agree that it is okay.  If during spectating that the players notice the game to suffer from lag they can ask for the spectators to leave.
  • Finals may be 3/5 Games, depending on time.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

massi4h

You should let me pick Akuma cause I'm awesome. I'd still lose anyway lol.

CrazyMobius

Good luck guys. My computer is not able to play this program.

theDOORS2NIRVANA

the mark of my dignity shall scar thy D.N.A

gunsmoke

Quote from: CrazyMobius on October 31, 2009, 11:06:00 PM
Good luck guys. My computer is not able to play this program.

Still using MAC?....
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

gunsmoke

I come have a look..but not tournament .....i need to go to work at 1pm ......GGS me whoever want to play metal slug x.... :P

massi4h

Suddenly it seems I can't make it. Got some family lunch at 1pm...

fluxcore

Yep, don't think I'll be around either.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Awww, thats a bit bolo.  Oh well.  :-\

gunsmoke

Damn no 1 here....whats is goin on......

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

the damager is ready for damagement
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

stereomonkey

Basically since everybody has turned up late (or not at all) it's canceled and now the people who are on are playing casuals.

Yay, no success for the first online tourney.  Oh well...