• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Christchurch Fighting Game Tournament

Started by CptMunta, April 01, 2007, 10:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Timezone Colombo St in Christchurch are having a wierd but interesting tournament. Just finished the poster for it:

That's right you have to play all three of the featured games to win the tourney:

TEKKEN 5 DR
TEKKEN TAG
Capcom vs SNK 2

The top 16 in Capcom vs SNK 2 fight it out in Tekken Tag top 8 in Tekken 5 DR battle it out for the title.

It'll be interesting to see who the most well rounded player is.

Only $5 bucks to enter and $100 instore credit up for grabs and heaps of other prizes.

Starts midday Saturday the 7th

I don't stand a hope in hell of placing in the Tekken Titles. But it'd be cool to make the top 16 players of Capcom vs SNK 2.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

What the...

That's certainly an interesting way of doing things... you reckon there are really enough people that would play CvS2? Unless competition is orders of magnitude more healthy than up here, making top 16 wouldn't be a challenge... it'd be guaranteed!

Good to hear of more tourneys popping up though... keep up the good work!

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Wow, you have to play all 3 games.
Just like the wizzard!

fluxcore

I'm guessing this should be APRIL 7th rather than MARCH 7th? :D

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

Imagine if Yifan's did this:

"In order to win, you have to play ALL OUR fighting games!"

Seriously though, I think if Yifan's organised some sort of fighting game tournament ( or arcade tournament in general... Pump It Up seems popular.) it would do really well.

And it would probably be pricey, but getting something to run during the annual Armageddon Expos would be really good, I think, what with all the gamers and other nerdfolk.

Zenki, drop them some hints  :D

Good to see more tourneys though. More medabots, more power! ...or something.

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on April 02, 2007, 05:24:54 PM
Seriously though, I think if Yifan's organised some sort of fighting game tournament ( or arcade tournament in general... Pump It Up seems popular.) it would do really well.

And it would probably be pricey, but getting something to run during the annual Armageddon Expos would be really good, I think, what with all the gamers and other nerdfolk.

I like the cut of ye jib, me lad... I'd definitely be up for something like that! It really depends on what the arcade owners want, of course, but seeing as they are willing to import games from japan then I think they might be somewhat interested in a tourney...

As Armand van Helden would say, let's make it big like the pyramids!

--flux

Wugga

y'know, the BBS folk have an agreement with the Armageddon organisers - BBS8 was run AT the Armageddon event (though I wasn't actually there for that one, so I hear it sucked  :P). Support BBS and support your game of choice, it's a happy marriage.
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

if yifans did that simone would end up winning overall. and noone wants to see that >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 04, 2007, 09:26:18 AM
if yifans did that simone would end up winning overall. and noone wants to see that >_>

Simon = SMN_ABC? Does he play other games than MvC2?

--flux

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on April 02, 2007, 05:12:31 PM
I'm guessing this should be APRIL 7th rather than MARCH 7th? :D

--flux

Man that's a major F'up on my account. Cheers for noticing. Can't believe no-one else I show the poster to spotted it. Maybe they thought I had a time machine or something.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 04, 2007, 09:26:18 AM

lol, simone....like a girls name....haha

i hate you simon....why did you have to waste me so much....as for the tournament, wicked that its on....tad bit stink it has 2 tekken games......i mean....wtfs up wit that???!?!?!? ???
The New Generation Clockw0rk

fluxcore

Actually, has this occurred yet? If it has, how did it go?

--flux

CptMunta

It went okay.

Around 20 people showed up,
It wasn't advertised too well. It was knock out which sucked but I still had a good time. My friend Andrew won the Capcom Vs SNK 2 comp.

I did well enough to get through to the Tekken 5 DR playoffs. I almost bet one of the local top players which surprised me since I have played tekken 5 maybe 3 times (Hooray for random Steve Fox!)

It'd be nice to see another one hopefully with better advertising I should have done some 3D Pavement art outside(I found out too late to run with my posters  :'( )