• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

[South Auckland] Ranbats/bar fight qualifiers.? or/and another jam session?

Started by Hydro, November 10, 2009, 09:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Yo guys, had a chat to big lenny over the weekend and we're both keen to get some training in for the NZism bar fights taking place next march.

For a while now I have considered getting a regular ranbat comp up and running at my pad every 3-4 weeks, with the hopes of generating a strong competitive player base out here in the south. It just so happens that the "regional rivalries' competition to be held at next years Bar fights have provided just that little bit of extra incentive to get our SA players together to really fine tune our live play, and, to form our prospective team of 5 players for the event next year.

At the moment, Lenny and I have discussed alternating these meet ups at our houses every 3 weeks, but I'd really like to hear from you guys to see what you'd like to see happen here.

If no one is interested in this sort of thing (even just at the moment), I'll do what I was going to do originally and have whoever over when I can for a SFIV jam (the first one would prob be the last weekend in November, about 3 weeks).

Please let me know your interest here, from my count we've got about 8 players in the south, and 10 if we include Hamilton for the team too (It'd be great to have Gino on a team).

Alternatively anyone can post here and let me know if they're keen just for a jam at my pad in said few weeks time. I have room for about 10 - 12 people with about 3 - 4 set ups of different games (I've got ps2 & ps3 and 2 t.v's alone) so names/interest/comment are all most welcome.

:D

HoneyBadger

The Smoof is not from South Auckland, but The Smoof would attend and unleash the beast.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

I'm definitely keen for this... schedule permitting. I have Cricket on Saturdays from 12 - 6ish, so that rules them out...

But I should mostly be free on Sundays for some up levelling goodness. Count me in!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

I was just thinking about the word Ranbat the other day and how I don't know what it means.

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 10, 2009, 10:50:08 AM
I was just thinking about the word Ranbat the other day and how I don't know what it means.

Ranking Battle

geneterror

KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Im keen. I work every second weekend though, so i might not turn up for all of them, but ill be there when i can.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

so the bar fight would be zone catagorized? such as west/east/south/north etc?
Has this been confirmed? don't think I read anything about it...

anyways, if this is not South Auckland only then I'm pretty keen to learn some stuff^^

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah yeah, you know i'm keen as a fiend for some games. You's need someone from west to show you's how it's did.

Yeah Lenny said at RvB it would be zones now. I think it's more even that way.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

electric

Quote from: zosla on November 10, 2009, 01:46:28 PM
more even? lol...

Even if it isn't necessarily more even, I think it gives it more hype... It'll add more incentive to each region to get together more often and level up... You could argue that NZ's scene is already fragmented enough, but for some of us it's just too hard to travel all the way into the city to Giga or RvB to play against some good competition. If it's local, it gives a way to level up the smaller community, so that when there is a big event (say nationals...) people won't have the excuse of "oh, but I can't make it to town every couple of weeks, so I'm stuck playing online..."

It gets my support!

zos'la

Quote from: electric on November 10, 2009, 02:05:52 PM
Quote from: zosla on November 10, 2009, 01:46:28 PM
more even? lol...

Even if it isn't necessarily more even, I think it gives it more hype... It'll add more incentive to each region to get together more often and level up... You could argue that NZ's scene is already fragmented enough, but for some of us it's just too hard to travel all the way into the city to Giga or RvB to play against some good competition. If it's local, it gives a way to level up the smaller community, so that when there is a big event (say nationals...) people won't have the excuse of "oh, but I can't make it to town every couple of weeks, so I'm stuck playing online..."

It gets my support!

I definitely agree with you :)
And what James is doing with Lenny is a Big support to help you all, I was commenting on the more even bit as I beleive south Auckland got ALOT of players compared to the rest like north or east... even West Auckland I can not find 5 players lol...

HoneyBadger

West has You, me, Ben, Mason and Weazzy off the top of my head. I think we have like two other west Aucklanders who don't post much as well
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Just to clarify:

The jam session will be open to everyone, pretty much first in takes the 12 spots available.

Ranbats will be for the SA crew, I'd say only but there's a few almost SA'ers who could be counted, just gotta work out regions properly and stuff.

The barfights are likely to be made up of teams of 5, each with a captain (Myself/Lenny), so the reason behind the ranbats is to pool the strongest five players at the time for the SA representative team.