• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

[South Auckland] Ranbats/bar fight qualifiers.? or/and another jam session?

Started by Hydro, November 10, 2009, 09:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gino

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Lennysaurus

Count me in of course... Im gonna have to fight for a spot like every one else... Im a bit shit at the moment... will be practicing up hard!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

I'm keen for anything. Although I don't think I'll rank very highly at all now with my character choices.

Hydro

Simon, your Dhalsim and Guile are both easily up there against the vast majority of best players here, I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

Forgot to mention about the 5 man teams, as Lenny and I discussed, a character may be used only once on each team. (So for example, on our team, Eru would be the only Abel player, Coffin the Honda, Me the Viper, Lenny the Gen or Fuerte or Gief (SAGAT) etc etc.) The five people on the team are welcome to use who they wish, but not a character that has been slecected by another member of their team before hand.

So hands up for diversity! :D

electric

I really like the way this is sounding... 5 v 5, single characters... this could be really good! The single character format also gets everyone more accustomed to different match ups, which is what I'm looking forward to the most (from a personal development point of view) and to a lesser extent, it will get more people playing more characters, so everyone wins!

Hooray!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 11, 2009, 12:12:45 PM
Simon, your Dhalsim and Guile are both easily up there against the vast majority of best players here, I wouldn't worry about it one bit.

Yeah but I'm not really using Dhalsim anymore  :P Whoops this is the South Auckland one. I won't even qualify for this region.

Hydro

Bro, you ARE from the south, papa2toes.  You're on the team, no argument.

Wait. . . no Sim? Who you been playing then, Guile and  . . . .Honda? Still, that Honda is pretty scary. And you got that ability to diversify that's not going to overlap the other potential teammates character choices. 

CoffinDrop1

CrazyMobius

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 11, 2009, 03:40:06 PM
Bro, you ARE from the south, papa2toes.  You're on the team, no argument.

Wait. . . no Sim? Who you been playing then, Guile and  . . . .Honda? Still, that Honda is pretty scary. And you got that ability to diversify that's not going to overlap the other potential teammates character choices. 

Ok true. If I'm elligble for South then I'll be down for Guile or whoever if I make it in.

geneterror

Fuck if you're eligible for South then so am I, lived in Rewa 'til I was 21 ;)

But I'm keen to represent my current stomping ground. Central motherfuckers!
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on November 19, 2009, 11:04:37 AM
Fuck if you're eligible for South then so am I, lived in Rewa 'til I was 21 ;)

But I'm keen to represent my current stomping ground. Central motherfuckers!

Yeah true. Man. I dunno what's going on.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

im pretty sure its what ever region your living in currently is the region you can play for .
Otherwise we will have people swapping and changing over the regions for different teams .

So if youve lived out west all your life but last week moved out south to manukau you can play for the south team , not the west .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Kinetic_IQ

Shit sounds dope! U fallas won't really know me but I'll rep the West coz Im out here  altho my hearts in the South where I got them Mee Wa's skills back at Onehunga Bus depot. I'm just saying.
Formerly manawakore. Had to switch it up.