• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

1100+

Started by fluxcore, April 02, 2007, 07:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Just after the tournament was over we surpassed 1000 posts on the forum, but I wanted the news item to still be the aftermath of that event so I didn't update. So now we're onto a completely non-standard number for which to celebrate, which is even more special!

Thanks to everyone that has contributed so far, I hope you've all gained something from my efforts and the community I'm trying to build - I know I have! I'd also like to extend a warm welcome to anyone who joins in the future - things are looking up for fighting game players in New Zealand! Let's get it cranking!

Anyway, here's the "1100 GET reward" - something a guy who used (?) to be into fighting games and I came up with...

Thanks again,

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Cool
You should have a small poster at the arcade about this forum.

Coddfish

And/or sport NZism printed T-shirts whenever we go to our respective arcades!

I'm serious :(

But posters would be really good I think, get the word out there. Usually after a match I will try to go speak to the other player (easier after a loss, otherwise I might lose my credits!) and try to be friendly, which is something I'm not too good at generally, as I'm shy around people I don't know. But yeah, I try to tell them about this site, get some more traffic, but I guess no bites so far... And I've actually thought about printing little business cards or something to give people :P

Gino

I think posters or little flyers would be cool.

fluxcore

One problem is that (at least for TimeZone) they aren't allowed to advertise other 'companies' - which I believe also covers this site. I'm not even entirely sure that we were strictly allowed to advertise the site on the posters for the tournament I ran there... next time I speak with the manager of TZ Hamilton I'll straighten the issue out - I still intend to make some kind of flyers or something that people can place around Uni/Tech/Arcades/wherever, I just have to come up with some proper logo, I guess.

Thanks Coddfish, I really appreciate that some people are enthusiastic about building more of a community & the effort that is put in... I'm still not certain of the best way to do so, because as we all know you can't just go to the arcade and meet all the players any more - home console releases have kind of brought the end to that. Especially evidenced by the top players of the Hamilton tourney going off straight afterwards to a friend's house to play more Tekken! Business cards in particular are quite a good idea though - just to be able to give something small with the important info would be quite handy.

I really do need to come up with a final 'design' for the website, forum and any flyers & the like so that some of these ideas can be brought into reality - unfortunately I don't have a great deal of free time at the moment (and design is not one of my strong points anyway!)

Cheers,
--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness