• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by fluxcore, November 24, 2009, 12:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose!

:D @ first combo in round 2 and final combo.
Counterhit uppercut -> 3x harpoon moves (super?)

originaljulz

Woot Valk and Haz, the two guys whose videos I actually like watching. (Haz main, and hoping to sub Valk)

Jesus christ though.

At 2:11ish, there's that command grab that I was waiting to see. Can't remember exact damage... 2700? Something like.

But yeah. Sick damage from just one move. I wish Haz had something like that.

Actually Valk has a lot of stuff I wish Hazama had :/ Areal overdrive and air command grab.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

fluxcore

I hate Hazama, personally.

As for 3x harpoons, that's just a standard Hazama combo. -_-
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck, Hazama looks pretty cool. Since i dont like how arakune plays in CS, i might have to give him a whirl.

Actually, while im here, are there any characters that have a similar playstyle to taokaka, but ARENT a terrible design?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

originaljulz

Lol why do you hate Hazama? He's hardly as gay as Ragna or Bang to fight against. With CS rolling round, their pressure just rapes in general, (and rapes Hazama even more so because he can't deal with it as well as most), and Hazama's pressure is shit. And all his starters are shit and predicable, which defeats the point of him being what is meant to be an unpredictable character.

Also, if there were characters with similar play styles to each other, BB wouldn't be doing their job, but from what it looks like if I had to choose one, it looks like Valk plays kinda similar. With the whole wolf drive connecting combos similar to Tao's Dancing Edge (or w/e.)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Mobility + pressure is what i was talking about when i was talking about taokaka. TBH it sounds like bang and ragna are right up my alley XD and hazama is actually the opposite of what im looking for. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

ErlKing2

Quote from: originaljulz on September 29, 2010, 12:00:49 AM
Lol why do you hate Hazama? He's hardly as gay as Ragna or Bang to fight against. With CS rolling round, their pressure just rapes in general, (and rapes Hazama even more so because he can't deal with it as well as most), and Hazama's pressure is shit. And all his starters are shit and predicable, which defeats the point of him being what is meant to be an unpredictable character.

Also, if there were characters with similar play styles to each other, BB wouldn't be doing their job, but from what it looks like if I had to choose one, it looks like Valk plays kinda similar. With the whole wolf drive connecting combos similar to Tao's Dancing Edge (or w/e.)

Hazama can have better pressure ability than Bang.
you can make all your "predicable" move to be "unpredictable", according to your play style....

and why do you think hazama's starter is shit?
2A and 5A have 5F start up(as good as Bang's 5a)
5B have 8F start up(as fast as Ragna's 5B but less reach)
so basically hazama's 2A and 5A can poke everything(not shoryuken thing) if hazama starts to attack first....
once you get into a combo, you get around 35-40% heat gauge,and later you might be able to set up "jyayoku houtenjin" to accelerate the damage
(for example instant guard->jyayoku with fatal counter, 5000+damage)

To fluxcore:
If you can't do 3x harpoon (isnt that a snake shackle?) , just do 2x or even once(like me).
there is only like difference of 300 damage. stable heat gauge gathering leads to damage(with jyayoku combos)

and sorry for my poor English...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

1) Your english is all good

2) Now youve got me interested in Hazama again

3) Yifans is getting this. They were playing with the current CT machine today, but stopped for some reason. Spoke to the yifans manager. I can 100% confirm this. They have it, and will be firing that shit up soon.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

originaljulz

Quote from: ErlKing2 on September 29, 2010, 01:08:21 AM
Hazama can have better pressure ability than Bang.
you can make all your "predicable" move to be "unpredictable", according to your play style....

and why do you think hazama's starter is shit?
2A and 5A have 5F start up(as good as Bang's 5a)
5B have 8F start up(as fast as Ragna's 5B but less reach)
so basically hazama's 2A and 5A can poke everything(not shoryuken thing) if hazama starts to attack first....
once you get into a combo, you get around 35-40% heat gauge,and later you might be able to set up "jyayoku houtenjin" to accelerate the damage
(for example instant guard->jyayoku with fatal counter, 5000+damage)

To fluxcore:
If you can't do 3x harpoon (isnt that a snake shackle?) , just do 2x or even once(like me).
there is only like difference of 300 damage. stable heat gauge gathering leads to damage(with jyayoku combos)

and sorry for my poor English...

Lol d/w your English is good.

Well, don't get me started on why Hazama is good/bad etc etc,

but the reason why I say 1) his starters are shit, and 2) he gets predictable all comes down to how most of his combos are just variations of his bnb 3C, 214D~C, 2C, jCxn, 2C, 4D~D, jCxn, j.C, jCxn, 214B (the skill just coming from how you get the other guy into that.)

i.e. His shits all areal. So inevitably he will always be having the 3C's, 214D~D's or equivalent to start his combos. And you can't put much in front of it, because the more hits you have before the 3C (any more than 1 will mean you can't do the full bnb), the less you can do once you reach the second j.Cxn, because of the tech times etc so they'll just tech out while you're doing your jCxn's or before you 214B (pretty common here, always happens to me when I get too greedy with the jCxn's and get punished because on a missed 214B they'll hit the ground before Haz). I relate this to how my friend can whale on me with Noels fucking block strings, and once he gets one overhead or low through my blocks he can continue onto a proper combo. Whereas Hazama... well short of something along the lines of some random combination of 5Cs and 2Cs ending with a jabaki 236D (which I'll admit is important for putting space between you, but nothing else) he has nothing to that extent. Find me a decent fucking ground combo with Hazama which doesn't involve going into his areal bnb or spamming Oro into 623D afterwards, and I will bow down and conceive all points to you.

So baaaasically, when everything comes down to either 3C, or following in your thrown Oro, which you're gonna get DP'd/AA'd if on block, (and even if not, you still have nothing decent other than j.2C or j.B to use)  then you get relatively repetitive. Obviously I'm not saying I keep doing the same shit over and over, etc as I do try to mix it up. But he definitely doesn't have as many tools in the tool box as say, Ragna.

And as for 5B, 5A and 2A, yeah I didn't say 5B was shit, it's like one of the more important moves but there's not much else on top of it. And naturally his 5A and 2A are going to be good pokes.

I'd personally like to see them take away the AIDS and fail that is 6A and give him something more useful. Or maybe a dragon punch, but imo that's just asking for too much. Though, a DP would give him at least something else to use when countering mad pressure. Cos as it is I still see the pros left with nothing to do short of Jayoku's, which is an expensive way to get out of stuff like that.

Lol look, you got me started on why Hazama is good/bad.

@Birry Lol I guess that means I can go down to Yifans and play CS as well. Though, only if they put the fucking volume up, because christ sometimes it feels like they leave that shit on mute.

Edit: Also, don't let me saying Hazama has bad pressure or w/e stop you from at least trying him out. Yes if you want pressure then Ragna is like exactly everything you're looking for (Belial Edge can suck a fucking dick, because imo that shit gives him WAY too much pressure in CS) but there's no other reason to me using Hazama besides the fact that he's just so fun to play.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man i can't wait to play this game. I hope it get's more peeps involved in it once the pal release.

LOL that dudes english fucking better than mine. I really need to learn my first language.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[8-----D] Toots

HoneyBadger

Yo can anyone play Taokaka?

Without the taunt loops cause they're taking them out =(
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

I'm still trying to learn this game. If anyone wants to have a jam at mine some time (prob a weekend) I have 2 TE Sticks and a copy of the game, I can prob fit me and 3 others comfortably.

This will def get me down to Yifans more if they have it. Time to start levelling up the hard way ie. getting my ass kicked a lot haha
KOW 2011

ErlKing2

Quote from: originaljulz on September 29, 2010, 02:08:36 AM
Lol d/w your English is good.

Well, don't get me started on why Hazama is good/bad etc etc,

but the reason why I say 1) his starters are shit, and 2) he gets predictable all comes down to how most of his combos are just variations of his bnb 3C, 214D~C, 2C, jCxn, 2C, 4D~D, jCxn, j.C, jCxn, 214B (the skill just coming from how you get the other guy into that.)

i.e. His shits all areal. So inevitably he will always be having the 3C's, 214D~D's or equivalent to start his combos. And you can't put much in front of it, because the more hits you have before the 3C (any more than 1 will mean you can't do the full bnb), the less you can do once you reach the second j.Cxn, because of the tech times etc so they'll just tech out while you're doing your jCxn's or before you 214B (pretty common here, always happens to me when I get too greedy with the jCxn's and get punished because on a missed 214B they'll hit the ground before Haz). I relate this to how my friend can whale on me with Noels fucking block strings, and once he gets one overhead or low through my blocks he can continue onto a proper combo. Whereas Hazama... well short of something along the lines of some random combination of 5Cs and 2Cs ending with a jabaki 236D (which I'll admit is important for putting space between you, but nothing else) he has nothing to that extent. Find me a decent fucking ground combo with Hazama which doesn't involve going into his areal bnb or spamming Oro into 623D afterwards, and I will bow down and conceive all points to you.

So baaaasically, when everything comes down to either 3C, or following in your thrown Oro, which you're gonna get DP'd/AA'd if on block, (and even if not, you still have nothing decent other than j.2C or j.B to use)  then you get relatively repetitive. Obviously I'm not saying I keep doing the same shit over and over, etc as I do try to mix it up. But he definitely doesn't have as many tools in the tool box as say, Ragna.

And as for 5B, 5A and 2A, yeah I didn't say 5B was shit, it's like one of the more important moves but there's not much else on top of it. And naturally his 5A and 2A are going to be good pokes.

I'd personally like to see them take away the AIDS and fail that is 6A and give him something more useful. Or maybe a dragon punch, but imo that's just asking for too much. Though, a DP would give him at least something else to use when countering mad pressure. Cos as it is I still see the pros left with nothing to do short of Jayoku's, which is an expensive way to get out of stuff like that.

Lol look, you got me started on why Hazama is good/bad.

@Birry Lol I guess that means I can go down to Yifans and play CS as well. Though, only if they put the fucking volume up, because christ sometimes it feels like they leave that shit on mute.

Edit: Also, don't let me saying Hazama has bad pressure or w/e stop you from at least trying him out. Yes if you want pressure then Ragna is like exactly everything you're looking for (Belial Edge can suck a fucking dick, because imo that shit gives him WAY too much pressure in CS) but there's no other reason to me using Hazama besides the fact that he's just so fun to play.

hmm..
ok I get what you are trying to say, i think.....
I will find you some counter-example tonight and some compromise of combo selections. I'm sorry that I have exam tonight and I can't give you any suggestions in this reply.
and also if any of you guys have problems with ragna, hazama and makoto, please feel free to ask~
I might coming back to this forum after 10pm