• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hamilton TimeZone 2009 Tournament SF4 Vids

Started by Gino, December 01, 2009, 02:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I watched half of one and felt my power level dropping immensely.

So which dude ended up winning Gino?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I watched about 6.

They werent too bad. The one thing that pissed me off was the 1 pixel ken GIVING UP against that 80% vega. Thats pretty pathetic imo. Particularly in a tournament scenario. I cant even count the comebacks ive made in that situation. Theyre not that hard to come by.

The only thing that was really lacking was decent punishes. Even in the first video, akuma vs honda, Akuma whiffs a dragon, and honda, who has a myriad of high damage punishes available to him...goes for a sweep. >_>

There were A LOT of moments in the ones i watched where people were guilty of this. But hell, IM guilty of this, so who am i to comment? *cough* Blanka Ultra -> bill counters with A MOTHERFUCKING TAUNT BABY *cough*

Ill watch the rest at work.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Bill bro, $2 can restore your life bar from a punish, but it cannot restore your damaged pride from a taunt.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Gino

Charles (sagat) ended up winning.
Match 5 might be the only one worth watching.

Gino

Quote from: ILL_BILL on December 01, 2009, 09:06:42 AM
I watched about 6.

They werent too bad. The one thing that pissed me off was the 1 pixel ken GIVING UP against that 80% vega. Thats pretty pathetic imo. Particularly in a tournament scenario. I cant even count the comebacks ive made in that situation. Theyre not that hard to come by.

That Ken player gave up way before that, he stood up and almost walked off. Sore looser.

QuoteThe only thing that was really lacking was decent punishes. Even in the first video, akuma vs honda, Akuma whiffs a dragon, and honda, who has a myriad of high damage punishes available to him...goes for a sweep. >_>

Ray (honda) doesn't play much. But yeah most of the players are just sticking to what they know. I don't think any of them practice combos/read forums. Most of the guile players are just mashing cr-lp and cr-lk for a combo.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man Charles got away with heaps of shit in that match. Man I'm an idiot to think I could of won this lol. I'm wondering how Gino did not win  ???  were you blazed or something Gino lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Gino

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 01, 2009, 11:53:55 AM
Man Charles got away with heaps of shit in that match. Man I'm an idiot to think I could of won this lol. I'm wondering how Gino did not win  ???  were you blazed or something Gino lol.

I stuck to Zangief through the tournament till Charles sent me to the losers brackets. Then in the finals I switched to Blanka, Won the first round, lost the second and third. On the final round I knocked him down and went for a cross up ultra, it worked and did full damage. Then for some reason I decided to cross him up with mk, I guess my timing was off because I ate a Tiger Uppercut->Ultra. Was a good match and he clearly deserved to be the winner.

Looking back on those matches I should have taken Toomekes advice and not jumped around so much.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah true, If he auto correct TU>Ultra he deserved it. I still cant believe you got sent to loser bracket by his Sagat though lol. He cant even do his bnb's lol. Damn Sagat is awwweessuuumm lol. I cant believe nobody went boxer, he's a scrubs best friend imo.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Gino on December 01, 2009, 12:08:53 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on December 01, 2009, 11:53:55 AM

I stuck to Zangief through the tournament till Charles sent me to the losers brackets. Then in the finals I switched to Blanka, Won the first round, lost the second and third. On the final round I knocked him down and went for a cross up ultra, it worked and did full damage. Then for some reason I decided to cross him up with mk, I guess my timing was off because I ate a Tiger Uppercut->Ultra. Was a good match and he clearly deserved to be the winner.

Looking back on those matches I should have taken Toomekes advice and not jumped around so much.

Guts. Sounds like you played the Birry Wong card and came out worse off. Hard luck bro. That card only has a 50% success rate :P
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Sounds more like......he did the mash, the MOOONNNSSSTTTERR MASSSH!!!!

Gino

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 01, 2009, 12:35:37 PM
Yeah true, If he auto correct TU>Ultra he deserved it. I still cant believe you got sent to loser bracket by his Sagat though lol. He cant even do his bnb's lol. Damn Sagat is awwweessuuumm lol. I cant believe nobody went boxer, he's a scrubs best friend imo.

The 1 armed guy plays boxer

zos'la

gief vs sagay is too much, even with little skills, a new sagay player will still give a decent gief player a hard go if he knew how to exploit thehis kicks and tigers...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.